Festival Foods Bakery Bench Hand in Suamico, Wisconsin
Job Title: Bakery Bench Hand
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Lead Baker/Department Manager
Responsible for working closely with all Bakery associates and follow all company policies and procedures, department goals are being obtained, and customers’ needs are being met. Contributes to department sales and profitability by effectively assisting in aspects of the Bakery department operations, to include but not limited to: product quality, labor, expenses, stock levels, customer service and team morale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Recipe & Production control
- Recipes and production lists are explicitly followed
- Attention to dates and freshness of every product
- Proper shrink reporting and handling on outdated items
- Ensure high quality standards are met in all items produced
- Adherence to all Health Department guidelines and Festival sanitation practices
2) Cleanliness of Baker prep areas
- All areas and surfaces must be cleaned and sanitized at all times
- Proper glove use with all associates
- Pans, dishes, and other tools are clean and organized
- Keep cooler, freezer, and dry storage areas clean and organized
- Must be food safe certified
3) Watches over items on the sales floor
- Keep an eye on service floor, deciding what potentially needs to be made to ensure proper coverage for the evening
4) Provides customer service to guests
- Assist guests with finding items they are looking for on and off the sales floor
- Take and execute special orders and requests
- Addresses guest concerns with prep and kitchen made items, and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
5) Required to maintain food safety logs
6) Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Follow all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: ovens, mixers, slicing and packaging machinery, proper lifting techniques, trash compactor and baler usage.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Stand in one spot for a long period of time, bend stoop, and kneel regularly
- Full range of upper body motion
- Lifting up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
- Frequently near moving machinery
- Repetitive motion of hands and wrists
The Bakery Bench Hand is an hourly position that may be part time (less than 28 hours per week) or full time (38-40 hours per week). The work schedule generally includes mornings, afternoons, weekends, and holidays, with the flexibility to work evenings or overnight as needed.
All Applicants that meet the above qualifications will be contacted by HR for a phone or in person interview.__
Requisition Number: 14-3394
Post Date: 4/26/2016
Title: Bakery Bench Hand
Is Position Part-Time?: Yes
Wage Range: HOURLY GRADE 07
Work Hours: 1st Shift