Festival Foods Cake Decorator in Suamico, Wisconsin
Job Title: Cake Decorator I
FLSA Status: Part-Time/Hourly
Reports To: Lead Cake Decorator/Bakery Manager
Utilizes artistic talents to create beautiful and uniquely decorated bakery items which contribute to the overall sales and profitability of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tops, finishes, and decorates prepared bakery products such as bars, pies, cookies, doughnuts, cupcakes, cakes, etc.
- Increases sales by creating visually appealing products
- Exceeds guest expectations by providing beautiful, creative, and uniquely decorated special orders that follow the guests’ specific requests
- Reduces shrink through minimizing mistakes and using the appropriate quantity of icing and other supplies
- Fills, rotates, and removes decorated products from the sales floor and service case.
- Identifies which products are at an unacceptable stock level and replenishes them with available supply
- Plans production tasks to ensure an adequate supply of back stock is available to fill the sales floor and service case as products are sold
- Maintains freshness by filling newer products to the back/bottom of the display and ensuring that closer dated products are sold first, as well as removing products that are outdated, stale, or otherwise unacceptable to make available for sale
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders for cakes and other special requests
- Works with guests to create a vision of the product they are looking for
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
Maintains adequate level of supplies in the cake decorating area by replenishing packaging, icing, decorative accents, and other items as needed.
Contributes to overall department goals and objectives by assisting other areas of the department as available and requested.
Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
Assist Cake Decorator II when needed.
Required to maintain food safety logs.
Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Frequently near moving machinery.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Repetitive motion of hands and wrists.
The Cake Decorator I is an hourly position that is part-time (less than 38 hours per week). The work schedule will generally include mornings, afternoons, and weekends, with the flexibility to work evenings and holidays as needed.
Requisition Number: 15-2044
Post Date: 6/28/2016
Title: Cake Decorator
Is Position Part-Time?: Yes
Wage Range: HOURLY GRADE 07
Work Hours: 1st Shift