Esterline Assembly Associate 2 in Sylmar, California
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Assembly Associate 2, Esterline Control Systems
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Control Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, offers world-class control devices and subsystems — such ascontrol grips,throttles,HaWC controllers, andcommunications interfaces — for today’s advanced cockpits, military vehicles, and other specialized applications. Our solutions fall into two broad categories:control products andcommunication products. Company Profile Company Name: Esterline Control Systems, a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services Number of Employees: Approximately 400 ] Job Summary The Assembler 2 is the intermediate level position of the Assembly Line, has more experience than an Assembler 1, and is able to work on more complex tasks.
- Positions parts to be assembled by following blue prints and Standard Work Instructions.
- Works at station as member of assembly group assembling one or more specific parts to meet production requirements. Assembles push button switches.
- Positions parts in specific opening and screws or bolts them in place.
- Solders/Welds parts by following schematic, blueprint, and Standard Work Instructions to assemble final unit.
- Verifies correct assembly of final unit.
- Ability to test unit with related test fixture.
- May be responsible for performing role of Cell Coordinator.
- Performs related duties, which may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Blue print and/or schematic reading
- Finger dexterity
- Hand-eye coordination
- Ability to verify function of unit per final blueprint
- Effective communication skills in English with the ability to read, speak, and understand English.
Education & Experience
High school education or general education degree (GED), a minimum of one year of assembly experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Standard work hours of 40 per week, but may be requested to work overtime as deem necessary.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Job Title: Assembly Associate 2
Req ID: 8569BR
Location: Mason Controls
Country: United States
Position Type: Temporary