AXA Audit Practice Manager in Syracuse, New York
Audit Practice Manager
Audit Practice Manager
Job ID : 40976
Job ID :
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.
Audit Practices and Governance is responsible for maintaining and enhancing practices, policies and tools used by the Internal Audit department. This position encompasses opportunities to develop strategic solutions in support of best-in-class audit practices and techniques. The successful candidate will:
• Enhance and implement audit best practices, processes and strategy, and present opportunities for improvement
• Assist in the department’s mandated procedures through on-going, comprehensive analysis of relevant professional standards and supervisory guidance
• Contribute to the accuracy, completeness, and timely delivery of monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reporting to the Audit Committee, Senior Management, and Group Audit, as well as weekly dashboard reporting to the Internal Audit Leadership team
• Maintain Internal Audit’s issue tracking, scheduling, and administration databases, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of inputs and delivery of key outputs
• Support and provide training for changes in the global platform for the Internal Audit electronic audit management system
• Assist in establishing, organizing and leading Internal Audit’s Quality Assurance and Improvement Program
• Maintain the Internal Audit department’s calendar of key events
• Assist in managing and conducting knowledge/learning/training events
• Build and maintain key relationships across the Internal Audit department, establishing a culture of engagement and adding value to the department
• 5+ years of experience, including experience within Big Four public accounting firm and/or within internal audit of large, global financial institutions
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Exceptional MS Excel skills (experience with Macros, Visual Basic Scripting and TSQL a plus)
• General understanding of relational databases, MS Access and MS SQL Server
• Strong MS PowerPoint and Visio skills
• Proven track record regarding ability to build good working relationships
• Ability to hold firm to a point of view when required
• Strong project management skills; must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility and accountability
• Certification/license as CPA, CIA, or CISA desirable
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.