AXA Technology Associate - Syracuse, NY OR Charlotte, NC in Syracuse, New York
Technology Associate - Syracuse, NY OR Charlotte, NC
Technology Associate - Syracuse, NY OR Charlotte, NC
NC, Charlotte;NY, Syracuse
Job ID : 40940
Job ID :
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family. This position can be located in either Syracuse, NY OR Charlotte, NC.
The 12-month Tech Associate program provides technical job training within a single IT Senior Information Office (SIO) area. Candidates will gain exposure to core IT practice disciplines, new technologies and the IT Centers of Excellence while engaging on a variety of Discretionary projects and / or Lights On activities.
The Technology Associate will be aligned to one of the technical Centers of Excellence / functional areas within IT such as Business Intelligence, Data Analysis/ Systems Analysis/, Programmer Analyst or Enterprise / Solution Architecture. Over the course of 12 months, the Charlotte NC or Syracuse, NY based Technology Associate will have the opportunity to combine challenging assignments and exposure to key decision makers and technology leaders within AXA Equitable. This highly competitive program is designed to bring top aspiring technology talents to shape the future leadership of our organization.
· Part of a team that analyzes basic requirements for data, processes, interfaces, controls, and outputs
· Contributes to defining time tables, project plans and schedules; analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost and compatibility with other systems
· Follows standards, procedures, and methodologies in the development life cycle
· Knowledgeable on theory and practice of systems analysis, data analysis, systems design, programming and systems implementation.
· Understand the context in which data is used within the business and match business requirements to the sources of data within systems
· Understand the structures, usage and sources of data, and support all technology teams in analyzing data to ensure it meets corporate policy and business data requirements
· Develop and deliver programming code in support of project deliverables
· Conduct unit testing to ensure code meets documented and approved application system requirements
· Communicates with peers and business unit in planning, developing, implementing and supporting IT projects
· Consult with IT management and client areas in resolving questions during the various IT project phases
· Help analyze impact of proposed solution across technology or existing technology platforms
· Works with client and IT management and staff to establish and maintain consistent data element definitions across computing environments
· Works with Senior Analysts on technical requirements and determines solutions for data, processes, interfaces, controls, outputs, environment, infrastructure tools/utilities and/or testing that fit within the recommended time frame, architecture, standards and budget
· Analyze and design data models and relational database designs
· Define data quality plans to address data quality issues; work with business partners to build business understanding of data issues
· Deliver quality programming code in support of application development projects
· Responsible for writing and analyzing requirements on moderately complex project / workstream
· Documents, monitors and is accountable to the Project Manager for own timeline/progress
· Has decision authority within a single, small to moderate size project
· College Degree with a concentration in Management Information Systems, Mathematics or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent work experience
· 2-5 years general IT experience preferred
· Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated organization skills, and good critical thinking and decision making skills
· Extracurricular activities and leadership roles in their respective colleges, universities, or communities are preferred
*We do not offer Visa sponsorship.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.