Verizon Wireless Network Engineering and Operations Specialist in Tempe, Arizona
This position will project manage, large scale network projects within a multi-department, multi-vendor infrastructure, including planning, coordinating and driving regional projects. These projects may include market integrations, switch/cell integrations and build outs, antenna modifications, deployments, and others.• Manage large-scale engineering projects using Project Management tools (e.g., QuickBase, Siterra) to ensure objectives are met in a timely manner, within overall budget.
• Work closely with a variety of groups both within and outside the Network Teams (including RF Design, Cell, Switch & Data Engineering, Transport, Real Estate, Operations, System Performance, Inventory, Translations, Technical Support, Headquarters and Area Planning).
• Manage internal and external vendors to meet targeted network milestones and integration dates.
• Support corporate initiatives for engineering and ensure adherence to network engineering standards.• Maintain high performance level under varying degrees of pressure and uncertainty.
• Coordinate and lead regular project meetings to keep the team abreast of (as well as track) overall status, changes, risks and major milestones.
• Escalate issues and crash project plans when necessary to keep schedules on-track.
• Establish contingency plans as needed throughout the duration of all projects.
• Provide regular status reports for all managed projects.
• Coordinate Lessons Learned post-mortem discussions to document and improve efficiencies of similar projects going forward.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred (Project Management background), and/or five or more years Project Management and/or Technical experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
• Knowledge of wireless network architecture preferred, including hardware knowledge and experience of Alcatel-Lucent and Ericsson LTE infrastructure, Voicemail platforms and Cisco / Juniper Routers
.• Solid understanding of telecommunications industry standards, functions and platforms preferred: Ethernet backhaul, Microwave, Transport equipment, Industry Regulatory requirements, Real Estate processes, cellular hardware and connectivity.
• Excellent Project Management skills and working knowledge and experience of project management concepts desired.
• Strong analytical and technical skills desired.
• Good verbal and written communication skills desired. Ability to present ideas in a logical, compelling manner in both small and large group settings.
• PC and desktop applications competency desired (especially Microsoft Project & Microsoft Office).
• Strong Decision-making and Leadership abilities desired (especially as it pertains to providing direction to teams that do not directly report to you). Appropriately use all available information and data.
• A Positive ‘Can Do’ attitude and the ability to work efficiently with limited guidance / daily supervision desired.
• Team player with good interpersonal skills desired, including the ability to interact with technical & non-technical teams desired.
• Excellent organizational and problem solving abilities desired. Ability to anticipates future workload and prepares accordingly. Recognizes impact of decisions upon the rest of the organization, receives broad guidance and is accountable for project results desired.
• Ability to translate functional/operational goals into team goals, establish and modify processes as needed to meet new challenges, demonstrates original thinking and open to change and alternative solutions.
• Team Leader who demonstrates company values and policies, initiates action and assumes ownership for decisions and results desired
• Ability to adapt communication style to setting, and Investigate/implement alternate approaches to resolve difficult problems desired.
• Ability to work flexible hours and support night or weekend work as needed.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Ability to travel within the region to support overall project objectives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.