Pei Wei Kitchen Manager in The Woodlands, Texas
Managing a Pei Wei Asian Diner offers an exciting and dynamic leadership experience.
At Pei Wei, we will offer you more than just a great place to work, we will give you EXCELLENT opportunities to build a career in a dynamic, team-oriented atmosphere.
We're looking for a talented:
Our ideal managers have outstanding leadership skills, are Guest-focused and ideally proficient in culinary operations. Since we're a fast-casual concept we're looking for leaders who understand that speed and quality must go hand in hand in order to keep our guests coming back.
We believe that service comes from the mind - hospitality comes from the heart!
Managing a Pei Wei is an intense but balanced experience. No late nights means more life outside of work. And with competitive salary and benefits, you'll be excited about the job - and feel valued for doing it.
The Kitchen Manager position reports to the General Manager. This position is responsible for maintaining food quality while promoting consistency and excellence by using the established recipes and procedures of Pei Wei Asian Diner. The Kitchen Manager works with the Management Team to help create a safe and sanitary work environment while continuing to build sales and profitability.
• Ability to physically participate in a fast paced environment in day to day front/back of house operations.
• Hires, trains, schedules and develops all members of the kitchen staff.
• Supervises, assigns and delegates tasks and gives direction to the kitchen staff throughout the shift.
• Responsible for daily cleanliness and regular maintenance of Back of the House equipment.
• Supervises and facilitates training of all food preparation and execution of all new and existing menu items, procedures and recipes.
• Responsible for maintaining all product quality standards by performing regular line checks.
• Completes all cost and food inventories in a timely manner.
• Must be able to stand and walk for periods of up to ten to twelve hours in length, in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to reach, bend, balance and transport various objects weighing up to 30 lbs repeatedly during a shift. At times it may be necessary to lift up to 50 lbs.
• S/he must be able to safely operate kitchen equipment and have the ability to use knives appropriately.
• Must be able to work around various levels of temperature, including warm to very warm temperatures in the kitchen
• A minimum of 2+ years of restaurant kitchen management experience.
• Can perform basic reading, math and measurement calculations in English.
• S/he must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of Employees, Management and Vendors.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• 401(k) Plan
• No late nights for a better work/life balance
• Generous and delicious meal benefits
• Opportunities for growth and career advancement
• Benefits are offered to employees who meet eligibility requirements.
Pei Wei Asian Diner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify as part of the hiring process