HP Controllership Specialist Financial Analyst in Tlaquepaque, Mexico
Controllership Specialist Financial Analyst
· Provides complex, financial analysis for a financial function or a business
· Establishes and maintains relationships with business leaders to guide and influence decision-making within a limited scope.
· Provides analytic support to business initiatives, typically representing a sub-function within finance for a particular business.
· Supports policy and process improvement and identifies opportunities.
· Identifies issues and proposes solutions to a more senior individual contributor or manager.
· Represents finance on cross functional teams.
· Provides mentoring and guidance to entry level analysts.
· Ability to influence multiple cost centers within a broad scope, typically interacting with managers and directors.
Planning, Analysis, and Reporting
FP&A roles are high visibility roles and work closely product line, marketing, and R&D mangers as well as Finance mangers to VPs (depending upon position). You will have a real chance to make an impact to the business.
Responsibilities may include, depending upon job level:
Develop various profitability reports including profitability by business, region, and product segment and aid in using these reports to drive improvements in the business. These reports are done on a monthly and quarterly basis to closely monitor the business results.
Develop revenue and margin reports comparing actual performance to budget, last year, and forecast for the different areas of the business that you support.
Develop forecasting models using market indices, historical trends and other methods.
Analyze and understand variances in all gross to net sales components and drive improvements in the process.
Fully participate in budgeting and forecasting processes.
Use your strong business drive along with the ability and initiative to identify and develop analytical tools for various areas of the business.
Strong communication skills are a must as this role will work with various levels of management, both in finance and the business, and must be able to clearly relay results of analytical projects as well as monthly and quarterly results.
Skills required include strong excel, access, and PowerPoint knowledge with the aptitude to extract information from the existing business systems.
Education and Experience Required:
· First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
· Typically 4+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
· Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
· Strong communication and influencing skills.
· Excellent teamwork skills
· Good business acumen.
No shift premium (Mexico)
EEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
Learn more about HP personal data
practices at Privacy Statement at http://www.hp.com/go/privacy , and
Personal Data Rights Notice at http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/privacy/privacy_notice.html (where
applicable). Accessibility at HP at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/accessibility-aging/index.html
and Terms at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html