Aon Corporation Desktop Publisher in Toronto, Ontario
Aon Is Looking For a*Desktop Publisher*
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Marketing and Communications team within Aon Risk Solutions, in our Toronto, Ontario Office.
As adesktop publisher, you will report directly to the national director, Marketing and Communications and be responsible for the design, production, development and modifications of reports, presentations, brochures, evites/invites, placemats, whitepapers, newsletters, etc. In this role, you will work closely with other team members and colleagues. Production and editing will PC based and use Adobe programs and Microsoft Office tools.
This position requires exceptional attention to detail, a can-do attitude, strong communications skills, creativity and conceptual thinking. This role plays as a key support in helping Aon Risk Solutions acquire new business and retain existing business, ensuring that all proposals areconclusive, high quality and focused on client’s specific needs and requirements and overall reflects the strategic vision of the firm.
Your Impact as aDesktop Publisher
- Use style, technique and medium best suited to produce desired effect for assigned proposals and projects while ensuring they are in line with instructions provided pertaining to formats, fonts, etc. and adhere to Aon branding guidelines
- Effectively manage all aspects of the production process and development of the proposal documents and presentations
- Review templates; create impactful layouts, graphics andproduction artas required
- Create and update graphics, including organization charts, maps, flow charts, infographics, and matrices
- Discuss and clarify production, formatting, and proofing requirements. Create schedule and realistic timelines, ensure projects are completed on deadline and effectively communicated to key stakeholders
- Actively participate in relevant meetings, provide regular status updates to management team and delivery manager and escalate any challenges in a timely manner
- Complete spellcheck, proofread, cleanup of graphics and formatting. Review work products to ensure each are compliant and meet quality control and branding standards, are consistent and clear on key strategic messages
- Produce hard and soft copies of final documents
- Manage preparation of electronic document; create table of contents and bookmarks in PDF file.
- Complete a thorough review of final documents for final submission ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Ensure all working and completed files and documents are stored properly on shared drive in accordance with best practices
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 1-3 years of progressive professional hands-on experience with desktop publishing, document layout, editing and production of proposal, marketing, communications and or sales documents
- Must have document layout skills
- Understanding of branding, typography, composition, color and image optimization
- A “can do attitude”, able to effectively manage and prioritize multiple fast-paced, complex projects to meet competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work as a member of the team, establish and develop strong working relationships
- Highly self-motivated individual and directed with the ability to exercise independent judgment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Superior organizational skills, strong attention to details and a passion for creativity
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint and Word) and a working knowledge of Excel
- Working experience with Adobe InDesign and Acrobat. Basic knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop.
- French language skills are a strong asset, but not required
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visitAon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visitaon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2425757
Category: Marketing & Communications
Location: Canada, ON, Toronto