O&G Industries Concrete Dispatcher in Torrington, Connecticut
July 12, 2016
Concrete Dispatcher – Bogue Rd Torrington, CT
O&G Industries, Inc., a diversified construction company with over 90 years of success and continued growth, is seeking well-qualified and diverse applicants for the position of Concrete Dispatcher at its Bogue Road location in Torrington, CT.
The Dispatcher must provide excellent customer service by phone along with scheduling and organizing large numbers of people and trucks efficiently. The dispatcher works with maintenance personnel to track fleet availability and readiness. They must communicate well with drivers, must be a team player, and must have quality as a core value.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
· Ability to multitask
· Knowledge and skill to schedule and track daily deliveries efficiently and safely
· Be able to work closely with dispatch personnel, customers, drivers, and batch plant operators
· Ability to be flexible and cooperative to ensure delivery schedules are met efficiently
· Ability to recognize safety issues
· Accurately takes and schedules customer orders along with calculating necessary yardage and pricing
· Documents clear and concise instruction from customers regarding concrete mix, delivery addresses, and conditions
· Schedules and prioritizes loading of ready mix trucks with customers’ orders, gives clear route instructions to drivers, and instructs drivers of delivery requirements and job site conditions
· Performs other functions and duties as directed.
· High School diploma
· Previous experience in the ready mix industry and/or as a dispatcher is desirable
· Computer Knowledge: Command Alkon experience is preferred
· Strong organizational skills
· Multi-line phone operating skills
· Strong math skills
Please send resume and salary requirements to Human Resources, O&G Industries, Inc., 112 Wall Street, Torrington, CT 06790 or email to email@example.com
O&G Industries, Inc. is a diversified construction and building materials company based in Torrington, Connecticut, with facilities throughout the state of Connecticut. O&G offers a rich health plan, 401k match, and a competitive compensation package. With over 90 years of success and continued growth, O&G has become a highly respected leader within the diversified construction materials and construction services industry. Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity M/F/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Quick Apply with Resume »Build Application Online »
O&G is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran