Defense Commissary Agency Store Worker in Travis AFB, California
The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) mission is our people. It is DeCAs goal to have a workforce that is representative of the nations diverse cultures and backgrounds. We strive for a work environment of world-class enterprise leaders and an engaged, highly motivated, and capable workforce with a results oriented performance culture.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO VETERANS CLAIMING PREFERENCE: PLEASE REFER TO THE OTHER INFORMATION SECTION FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON VETERANS PREFERENCE CRITERIA.
The DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products at cost to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families. The agency employs about 18,000 people and its annual sales exceed $6 billion.
Employees Serviced by DLA: Civilian Federal employees who receive human resources servicing through the Defense Logistics Agency DO NOT need to submit supporting documentation if applying through merit promotion. Your record in Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) will be used to verify your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure the required documents are in your eOPF for verification purposes. If your documents are not in eOPF, you must submit them to the announcement you are applying for at time of application. Failure to submit all of the documents on time will result in automatic disqualification.
*All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive). *
- Maintains adequate stock of resale items.
- Identifies any obvious spoilage, damage, and out-of-date merchandise.
- Receives, supplies, equipment and resale items.
- Operates a computer system that calculates and marks prices, and determines weights of merchandise.
- Transports items to shelving and display areas.
- Not Required
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Application materials must be received by 11:59PM EST on the closing date.
Per OPM Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations, http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/x-118c/index.asp, the applicant's experience, education and training must show enough knowledge, skills and abilities to demonstrate the potential to successfully perform the duties of the position. Under this system, how applicants gained their skill and knowledge or the length of time they have spent in a line of work are not as important as the fact that they have the required ability or potential to do the job. This job has one critical element, called the screen-out element (SOE). In order to be considered minimally qualified for the Store Worker position, applicants must meet the screen out element. Applicants who clearly fail to meet the lowest acceptable requirements in the SOE will be rated ineligible without further review of their application. Applicants who do not receive two points on the screen-out element (SOE) will be eliminated from further competition. Examples of qualifying experience include:
- Ensuring the proper care and handling of resale grocery items.
- Locating items for customers.
- Rotating stock, stacking containers and participating in inventories.
- Operating a computer system to calculate prices and label merchandise.
- Arranging stock on shelves and in displays. Time after competitive appointment: Candidates applying under merit promotion must have completed three months of civilian service after a competitive appointment by the closing date of the announcement. (5 CFR 330.501)
Conditions of Employment:
- Work Schedule: Part-time 64 hours bi-weekly
- Tour of Duty: Irregular Schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Costs: NOT Authorized
- Security Requirements: Not Applicable
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Drug Testing: Not Required
- Physical Requirement: Work requires continuous walking, standing, bending, stooping, stretching and reaching and frequently lifts or moves heavy boxes or crates weighing up to 50 pounds or more.
- Selective Service Requirement: All male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the selective service system or exempt from Selective Service. Please visit https://www.sss.gov/ for more information.
- Obligated Position: No
- Other Notes:
- Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement upon its closing for up to 90 days.
- * Deliberate attempts to falsify your application information, such as copying portions of this job announcement into your resume, may result in you being removed from consideration for this po*
What To Expect Next
Once you successfully complete the application process, you will receive a notification of receipt. Your application package will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements, and you will receive a notification. A review will be made of your online questionnaire and the documentation you submitted to support your responses. A list of qualified applicants will be created and sent to the selecting official. All applicant reviewed and/or referred will receive a notification letter. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews. Once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of decision.
To check the status of your application, please refer to Application Manager at http://applicationmanager.gov.
The federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. You may explore the major benefits offered to most federal employees at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO VETERANS: The Office of Personnel Management has published the end date for Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) as August 31, 2010. To receive veterans' preference for service during the Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom era, you must have served for more than 180 days between September 11, 2001 and August 31, 2010 OR be in receipt of a campaign badge or expeditionary medal. The updated CFR language is available at: http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?rgn=div5;node=5%3A188.8.131.52.20. Other*qualifying eligibility for preference (e.g., disability) remains unchanged.*
REGARDING INTERVIEWS: Interviews may be required for this position. Accommodations may be made to conduct telephonic interviews to preclude travel hardships for applicants.
Reemployed Annuitant: This position Does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
Reemployed Annuitant: A former Federal employee who has retired under either the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) or Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is an Annuitant. An annuitant cannot be hired (i.e. reemployed) unless the vacant position meets the criteria in the Department of Defense (DOD) policy on employment of annuitants issued December 10, 2008. "Reemployed Annuitant: Does Not Meet Criteria" the vacancy does not meet the criteria for appointment of annuitants (irrespective of eligibility or qualifications). Annuitant applicants are advised, in accordance with DoD Policy, that further consideration for the vacancy is not permitted. DoD Policy
Individual with Financial Difficultyhttps://hru.gov/StudioRecruitment/tools/MythbusteronFederalHiringPolicies.pdf.
If you are using part-time work to qualify for this position, be sure your resume reflects the beginning and ending dates of your employment and the number of hours you worked per week.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472472400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $20.46 to $23.85 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WG-6914-04/04
Promotion Potential: 04
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Current appointable DeCA employees with Career Conditional or Career Status
Control Number: 472472400
Job Announcement Number: DECA-17-1976276-MP