Troy University Project Tutor in Troy, Alabama
Duties include, but are not limited to: To provide academic support in a designated discipline with the goal of reducing student attrition and increase completion of required college courses; provide individual and group coaching in writing, math, and/or study skills; maintain academic progress files on all tutored participants; and other duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
- Minimum of university sophomore classification; higher classification preferred.
- Minimum of one year of tutoring experience in area of subject competency.
- Formal training and/or work experience in programming that improves the annual academic standing rates of SSS Eligible Students
- Professional or personal experiences in overcoming barriers similar to those confronting SSS Eligible Students.
- Ability to demonstrate a 3.0 grade point average or higher in subject area of competency.
- Ability to effectively tutor Participants and track academic progress as indicated on their Academic Progress Plans.
- Ability to document all contacts and services provided to assigned Participants.
Applicant Special Instructions
Qualified applications will be made available to the department/committee for review immediately upon submission. We ask that you provide email addresses for your reference providers and please be certain that the email addresses you list are accurate. If you are selected as a candidate for consideration by the department/committee, an instructional email will be sent to your reference providers to ask that they submit a reference letter on your behalf via a link to our reference portal. Separate reference letters will be requested for each position to which you apply (if applicable), so your reference providers will be contacted separately for each application on which you list them. Reference letters will not be copied from one application to another. You can assure your reference providers that our system is secure and that all letters are confidential. If your reference providers have trouble using the reference portal, please advise them to contact email@example.com.
Posting Number: SF0604P
Position Title: Project Tutor
Position Type: Classified Staff/Hourly
Department: Student Support Services - Dothan
Work Status: Part-Time
Location: Dothan - D01
Will this position require driving (personal vehicle, university vehicle, utility vehicle, or golf cart) in order to perform the job duties?: No
Work Hours: To be determined
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position: N/A
Does this position have supervisory responsibility?: Yes
Posting Date: 01/13/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Quick Link: http://www.troyuniversityjobs.com/postings/15751