G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. Shift Supervisor (Tulsa, OK) in Tulsa, Oklahoma
The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an experienced supervisor with a background in security. As a Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for the professional operation, administration, profitability, and quality assurance of uniformed services for a single shift at a G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. client’s site.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- Oversee the staffing, scheduling, and on-site training for security officers assigned to his/her shift.
- Ensure that contract-required training and screening elements for security personnel have been met.
- Maintain overtime to a preset requirement designated by G4S.
- Ensure quality of service and contract compliance by regularly inspecting security personnel and their job performance when assigned to his/her shift.
- Perform other operations related functions (e.g., payroll, review and maintain incident reports, issue uniforms, coordinate fleet vehicles, assist in preparation of security surveys and post orders).
- Make recommendations for positive and negative personnel actions for those under his/her direct supervision.
- Respond to client requests.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must possess a current and valid driver's license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must have one or more of the following:
- Service in the active duty military, military reserves, or National Guard
- Service in Auxiliary Police or Police Cadets
- Meaningful and verifiable work history
- Minimum of one year verifiable and successful security experience
- Associate's degree or higher in any discipline
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
*Environment: *Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
*Major activity: *Working on PC while sitting; telephone use; driving; standing
*Physical efforts to carry out job duties: *Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer*and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace*
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
Job Reference: SS48207
Number of Positions: 2
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: $11.75 - $11.75
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
G4S Region: Americas
Country: United States
G4S Business Unit: Secure Solutions
Closing Date: February 10, 2017