HP Business Planning Manager in Vancouver, Washington
Business Planning Manager
. Is an expert on the competitive landscape in which HPI operates - looking at legacy competitors as well as competitor in new business areas.
. Perform deep financial forensics on competitors financial results.
. Develops financial models / upgrades external financial models for private competitors.
. Develops scenarios around the impact of FOREX shifts on the business performance of HPI's competitors.
· Develops recommendation from complex data and business analyses and formulates them into business plans.
· Drives the construction of highly innovative statistical and financial models to analyze new aspects of business performance.
· Establishes the metrics required to measure business performance, and recommends the go-forward strategy to address performance gaps.
· Leads highly complex, time sensitive competitive intelligence research projects and identifies compelling trends and opportunities for business leaders.
· Drives all aspects of priority projects and successfully integrates inputs from business partners.
· Provides inputs business plans and proactively identify new opportunities based on the competitive landscape.
· Makes business plan recommendations, based on analysis, emerging trends, and experience.
· Identifies or develops cuttingedge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions.
· Counsels business leaders, recommends approaches for executing high-level strategies and develops creative solutions
· Manages proactive business planning activities and priority projects.
Education and Experience Required
Typically 10+ years total experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area.
Advanced university degree required (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Extensive knowledge of research methodology for the most challenging business issues.
· Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
· Ability to leverage new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches and insights.
· Extensive knowledge of how to analyze business problems using Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
· Superior business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills.
· Excellent project management skills, including leading large, cross-functional initiatives that impact the organization.
· Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
· Strong leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
· Ability to lead multiple, large, time sensitive projects or work streams.
· Ability to identify emerging trends from market and industry data, and make clear and compelling business planning recommendations.
No shift premium (United States of America)
EEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
Learn more about HP personal data
practices at Privacy Statement at http://www.hp.com/go/privacy , and
Personal Data Rights Notice at http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/privacy/privacy_notice.html (where
applicable). Accessibility at HP at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/accessibility-aging/index.html
and Terms at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html