ASML Senior Project (Program) Manager New Product Introduction in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Would you like to make a real difference to the efficiency and profitability of ASML? Are you able to manage the logistics project plan of platforms, new products, associated introduction types, industrialization and phase-out strategies? This is a challenging project management opportunity for academic professionals with experience in new product introductions, supply chain or production in high tech-low volume environments.
Fast market introduction of ASML’s newest technologies requires concurrent engineering by all disciplines. The Supply Chain Management Project Manager New Products fulfills this need by bridging the gap between new product development and supply chain volume operations.
As Project Manager, you’ll make a real difference to the efficiency and profitability of the company by determining and managing the logistics project plan of platforms, new products, associated introduction types (new builds, installs and upgrades), industrialization and phase-out strategies. Risks and requirements at product level across the full life cycle. Manage requirements at function development level. To achieve this, you will be using your unique mix of technical, creative and interpersonal skills and you’ll guide and coordinate your team of up to 25 logistics team members.
- Manage logistics introduction of new products from technical feasibility towards release-for-volume
- Plan & mobilize resources of the logistics project team to fulfill the plans
- Manage logistics requirements & deliverables through key decision gates of ASML’s Product Generation Process
- Manage material availability balanced against inventory, costs and risks: Identify bottle necks, prepare decisions and take actions towards engineering, suppliers, factories, field to manage the critical path both for time-to-market and ramp
- Represent all Global Logistics departments in the cross-sector Product Team.
MSc degree in (industrial) engineering or supply chain.
5 – 10 yrs work experience, of which 2 – 5 yrs experience in new product introductions preferably in high-tech, low-volume environments.
- Result orientated, can act under high pressure
- Stakeholder management : deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders both at operational and executive levels
- Organize cross functional cooperation
- Able to coach team members
- Excellent professional communication in English. Dutch preferred.
Context of the position
The New Product Logistics (NPL) team is responsible for securing material availability for ASML’s new systems during proto phase, early shipping and initial ramp up. This involves the planning and release of materials throughout the logistics chain from system development through suppliers and manufacturing to customers. In a fast-paced industry, NPL is involved in system development from day one – defining logistics requirements and identifying potential risks in suppliers’ design and production processes. In the spirit of concurrent engineering, this happens while the system is still being developed, so specifications are constantly subject to change. Hence NPL drives timely delivery of Bill of Materials and technical documentation during development, and ensures supply chain and in-field infrastructures can handle the new products. It also manages the highly dynamic materials critical path for new products to maximize transparency and minimize delays.
Global Logistics Services (GLS) is an industry-leading supply-chain management organization, responsible for ensuring material availability to ASML’s factories and customers. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering, virtual integration plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions. GLS plans up to four years ahead while customer requirements and system bill of materials can change at any time. Any break in material availability can have an unacceptable impact for our customers. So, with over 500 highly educated and motivated people, GLS must proactively identify and solve potential issues by working closely together with our technical departments and customers while actively managing an extensive supplier base.
Check for more information our website www.asml.com/scm
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Activity: Global Logistics
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2016-10-17
Functional area: Supply Chain Management, Planning & Logistics
Background: Logistics / Supply Chain Management