ASML System Upgrade integrator in Veldhoven, Netherlands
The Upgrade integrator is responsible for the planning, preparation and execution of system and module upgrades on prototype systems (building a prototype by integrating modules) as well as 1st time upgrades in the field (building the first upgrade of a Commercial Upgrade Package and execute the Alpha-test of this package). You coordinate the whole process of upgrades on a system.
The Upgrade Integrator works closely with the Upgrade Project lead to plan and execute defined upgrade packages and or engineering changes (ECs) on the ASML systems within the System Integration department. Overall responsibility is to combine all ECs defined in an upgrade package into an optimized upgrade sequence and recovery, taking into account dependencies, resourcing, tooling, materials, and other prerequisites. The Upgrade Integrator will work with the Integration Project lead to effectively execute the defined upgrade plan. During the execution phase the Upgrade Integrator will lead all upgrade efforts, report daily progress/delays, and escalate issues as they surface. The Upgrade Integrator supports engineering, research and development, and manufacturing in the testing of optical, mechanical and electrical modules and sub-systems, and the integration and test of complex systems. Also provides field support through the performance of installations and upgrades of complex capital equipment and systems.
Job DescriptionAs Upgrade Integrator you are responsible for the overall plan concerning the different upgrades of the machines within your platform. You are allocated to an Integration/Upgrade Project, upgrading a proto-or 1st time field-system by integrating modules/packages. You interface with the other project leaders/coordinators (integrators), system test engineers, system engineers, configuration engineers, proto engineers and representatives of the operational sectors. It is expected that you can think and work in terms of:
- Make the link between system functions and configuration requirements
- Optimize the integration strategy and design/translate this strategy into a executable plan using upgrade impact as a parameter
- Define the contents of the upgrade packages and coordinate the execution of the upgrade
- In the lead for preparation, planning and execution and reporting to upgrades aligned with master plans from program management
- Reporting on Upgrade/configuration status of integration systems.
- Release system configuration baselines to the operational sectors
- Assist in releasing of tested upgrade packages (high level content defined by system engineering) to factory and field with an optimized sequence and recovery to minimize downtime.
- Reporting on progress of package release.
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined ASML formats.
- Gathers information from drawings, specifications and design engineers necessary upgrade and sequence creation.
- Assists in qualifying product for shipment.
- Assist creation of description instructions for system service activities including complex upgrades.
- Uses company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement and assists in creating technical service documentation.
- Interacts with cross-functional groups (engineers and scientists, worldwide customer support personnel, manufacturing personnel, upper management, marketing, external customers). Crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization.
General proficiency with tools, systems, integration, and procedures required to accomplish the job. Minimum of four (4) years of experience is required.
- Bachelor / Master level – Technical, industrial engineering (BS in Optical Engineering Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering.)
- Knowledge and experiences in optics, laser-induced plasma, optical metrology, and/or controls of such devices preferred.
- Experience in or affinity with the machine industry
- Experience in or affinity with either system integration or configuration management is required
- Experiences in semiconductor equipment development a strong plus.
- Enthusiastic, flexible and capable to communicate on all levels.
- Able to defend own opinion
- Proactive attitude
- Able to prioritize
- High degree of autonomy
- Willingness to invest in personal development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Possesses good oral presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
- Plan activities and execute to schedules established by program.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Activity: Development & Engineering
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2016-10-18
Functional area: Industrial Engineering
Background: System Integration