Talent Orchard Billing Specialist (Federal) in Vienna, Virginia
Billing Specialist (Federal)
Talent Orchard is partnered with a Federal Systems Engineering Contractor in their search for a mid to senior-level Billing Specialist at their corporate office in Vienna, Virginia, to join their growing Accounting and Finance team. Our client specializes in modernizing information technology systems by re-engineering existing systems to harness the full power of emerging technologies and proven innovations to serve the business needs of their customers. The ideal candidate will have full life cycle A/R knowledge and experience.
- Process a variety of invoice types, including FFP, CPFF, and T&M; invoices.
- Compliance with a variety of commercial and government requirements.
- Entry/upload of invoices into various commercial and government applications.
- Maintenance of historical electronic billing files/records (paperless processing).
- Reconciliation of labor between Client and customer timekeeping systems.
- Collection procedures based on a predetermined time line.
- Process invoices from procurement, including a review of:
- Purchase Orders and Requests
- Vendor Quotes
- Government Acceptance documentation
- Financial management of Subcontractor costs and validation of Subcontractor invoices.
- Enter Subcontractor invoices in the accounting system.
- Communicate with Subcontractors on a variety of topics, including invoice status requests.
- Review of Job Summary Reports to ensure completeness and accuracy of direct costs.
- Reconciliation of various G/L accounts (unbilled receivables, cost accruals, etc.)
- Management Reporting
- Associates Degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline and 7+ years of experience. (Relevant experience can be substituted for a degree.)
- Familiarity with FAR, CAS and GAAP Accounting requirements
- Deltek GCS Premier Accounting System: Contracts, Billing and General Ledger modules
- Familiarity with billing requirements on CPFF, T&M;, and FFP contracts.
- Familiarity with electronic documentation and associated work flows
- Experience with development and update of written Standard Operating Procedures for invoice preparation and submission as well as Accounts Receivable
- Intermediate experience with MS Office, including Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- DCAA Incurred Cost Schedules
- Indirect Rate Calculations and Validation of costs for Indirect Pools and Bases
- Familiarity with CPFF, T&M;, and FFP revenue recognition.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page atwww.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #Billing #federalaccounting #FAR
Job Title: Billing Specialist (Federal)
Job ID: 27004598
Location: Vienna, VA 22182