Talent Orchard HR Generalist (Benefits Administration) in Vienna, Virginia
HR Generalist (Benefits Administration)
Talent Orchard is partnered with a Federal Systems Engineering Contractor in their search for a junior to mid-level HR Generalist at their corporate office in Vienna, Virginia, to support their fast growing business. We are looking for a high-energy HR professional who can contribute in taking our HR programs to the next level. The primary focus of this role will be on employee benefits administration.
Our client takes pride in providing executive level, white-glove support to their employees. Therefore, the right candidate for this position will be self-disciplined self-starters, highly motivated and eager to contribute to the well-being of the organization while operating in a fast-paced environment. Interested candidates need to be able to multi-task and prioritize duties. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
- Participates in benefits planning and administration to include employee enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, auditing benefits, reconciling and preparing invoices for payment, unemployment compensation and FLMA claims and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Enter benefit deductions in Paycom system for all new hires and benefit changes for current employees.
- Assists in designing new employee orientation program, prepares New Hire Packets and conducts new hire orientations. Coordinates with contract personnel regarding on-site staff orientation.
- Prepares paperwork required to input employee in Paycom; perform new hire Employment Eligibility Verifications (I-9), background checks and VA New Hire confirmations.
- Maintains EEO-1 and VETS-100 Reporting.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Familiarity with employment laws and regulations, including Title VII, ADEA, ADA, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, OSHA, and COBRA.
- Assists in management of performance review cycle management.
- Maintains associate files in compliance with OFCCP guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- 5-7 years of experience in HR generalist role with concentration on Benefits
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Significant knowledge of employment laws and regulations, including Title VII, ADEA, ADA, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, OSHA, and COBRA
- High attention to detail
- Strong problem solving ability
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Deltek
- Experience with Paycom or other HRIS system
- PHR or SPHR certification
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page atwww.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #HRGeneralist #benefitsadministration
Job Title: HR Generalist (Benefits Administration)
Job ID: 27004585
Location: Vienna, VA 22182