Fairmont Assistant Banquet Manager in Canada
Assistant Banquet Manager
Are you a passionate individual who is looking to take the next step in your career and would like a challenge? Would you like to lead one of the biggest Banquet Departments within Fairmont Hotels and Resorts with a solid team of 12 leaders and over 100 colleagues to reach the top? Is your expectation of a great job defined by action packed days, spontaneity and endless interactions?
Hotel Overview: For over 125 years, The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation. With 764 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendous growth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire to deliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn’t disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It’s all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Banquets, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Oversee the banquet operation
- Recruitment, mentorship and development of 4 Maitre Ds and over 100 colleagues
- Build and promote positive relationships with all teams in the Hotel, to ensure we are working toward an amazing guest experience.
- Participate in meetings with the Director and Assistant Director of Food and Beverage, Director of Conference Services and Catering, Executive Chef and Sous-Chefs, Chief Steward and other Outlet Managers
- Comment on Forecast and Profit and Loss analysis
- Ensure attendance at pre-conference meetings and develop strong relations with on-site clients ensuring every need is anticipated
- Assume responsibility for all banquet facilities, including cleanliness, repair and maintenance, reporting any deficiencies required
- Direct operations in a 78 000 square feet Banquet space
- Lead catering events off property
- Participate and guide departmental monthly meetings
- Oversee and lead one on ones and performance management discussions
- Ensure process efficiencies
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service to new and returning guests
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality at all times on all matters pertaining to management, staff and any associated food and beverage matters
- Be the driving force that leads the Banquet team from setup and execution to tear down of events.
- Strategize to exceed guest satisfaction results, thrive to grow our colleague engagement and surpass our financial goals during day to day tasks.
- Convey passion and enthusiasm to the Guests and our Banquet Team.
- Ability to multitask, maintain focus and calm when presented with stressful situations.
- Deliver clear and concise instructions to the Banquet team and effectively delegate tasks.
- Coordinate with the Conference Services Team and Culinary to ensure timelines are met and dietary needs are covered.
- Show flexibility and demonstrate great problem solving skills.
- Be a creative voice of the Banquet Team by communicating constantly to the leaders and colleagues by using different tools to get the message across to everyone.
- Must have strong leadership while dealing with others in a respectful and professional manner.
- Take time on a daily basis to have formal and informal conversations with the leaders and colleagues on the team.
- Act as someone that embraces change and understands it as a reality and necessity to make our hotel grow and compete within the market
- Actively look both inside and outside the industry for trends and best practices
- Breath, live and grow through our Fairmont Values of respect, integrity, teamwork, accountability and excellence.
- Support all Fairmont Hotel and Resort initiatives
- Perform other duties as directed by the Director of Banquets, Director of Food and Beverage or Hotel Management
- Minimum 2 years experience in Food and Beverage Management including minimum 1 year in a banquet setting preferably in a full service four (4) or five (5) diamond property
- Strong culinary and wine knowledge required
- “Proserve” Certified
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible, work well under pressure and be accountable to make sound thoughtful business decisions
- Creative and effective leader and team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, sound human resources management principles, communication, administrative skills, ambition, drive, energy and determination
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, Powerpoint, Access and Windows programs
- Proven track record of strong financial and cost control knowledge and applications are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong written and verbal communication abilities
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Banff-The Fairmont Banff Springs
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Closing Date: 21.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: BSH03121