Fairmont Banquet Houseperson - Casual in Canada
Do you want to…
- Work for the #1 city hotel in Canada,
- Lead an extraordinary team,
- Elevate your career with a global luxury brand offering extensive development opportunities,
- Utilize global perks and privileges and enjoy a competitive wage?
Then you might be our next Banquet Houseperson
**Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. Showcase your service and organization strengths as Banquet Houseperson, where your attention to detail, safety and quality will help “set the stage” for a successful group function.
Hotel Overview: At the ocean's edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbour views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality. Discover Fairmont Pacific Rim - and discover Vancouver as part of our rockstar team.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Director, Banquets, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
Maintain the cleanliness of banquet rooms, hallways, storage and service areas
Lift and store tables, chairs and staging efficiently and safely
Set-up, maintain and break down banquet..eeting rooms
Follow directions from banquet event orders for assigned banquet..eetings
Report needed repairs of unsafe equipment and..r conditions
Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
Follow all safety and sanitation policies
Other duties as assigned
- Previous guest service experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but not limited to): * *
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Constant lifting and occasionally lifting up to 40 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Vancouver-Fairmont Pacific Rim
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 20.Jan.2017, 2:59:00 AM
Req ID: VPR02120