Fairmont Conference Services & Catering Manager in Canada
__*Conference Services & Catering Manager*At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Be an ambassador for our exceptional offerings as Conference Services & Catering Manager, where you will liaise between multiple departments to meet the needs – and exceed the expectations – of your clients.
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travellers.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Director of Conference Services and Catering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Solicit / confirm event related information with client. Organize / disseminate information to all departments through e-mails, memos, event orders, directives, resumes and rooming list in a professional and timely manner.
- Build creative menus, mindful of food costs, labour cost and kitchen capabilities. Obtain approval from the Director, CS&C; when any special menus are sold.
- Confirm electrical, internet, telecommunications, audio-visual and exhibit requirements based on discussions with the client
- Create floor plans for the best use of space for each event and to ensure banquet and client are in agreement prior to set up.
- Obtain guarantees of food and beverage events for Banquets and Kitchen. Must advise if any great deviation in number occurs, so labour and food cost can be controlled.
- Responsible for sufficiently "washing" room block and food and beverage covers in order to ensure a more accurate forecast
- Initiate billing procedures, ensuring client credibility and that deposits and/or credit applications are received with adequate information and within an acceptable time frame.
- Yield bedroom and meeting space daily to ensure optimum potential through the use of Opera Sales & Catering and PMS systems.
- Conduct pre-conference meetings to ensure key departments fully aware of relevant details pertaining to group upon their near arrival.
- Conduct and/or attend daily meeting to review event contracts to ensure last minute changes are communicated with Banquets, Kitchen and Stewarding.
- Fully knowledgeable of (and in adherence to) liquor and fire safety laws and regulations.
- Fully aware of any industry trends
- Attend weekly / monthly departmental communication meetings, also sales and operations meetings as required.
- Attend the post conference follow up, conducted by the Sales Manager, to address strengths and weakness of an event while soliciting return business.
- Establish good business and social relationships with the industry and participate in activities related to public relations to further increase sales leads for the department as well as the hotel.
- Responsible for following the guidelines/deadlines as detailed in the Conference Services and Catering checklist
- Hospitality Management Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of four years experience in hotel catering and conference planning. Additional experience in the hospitality industry i.e. sales an asset.
- Good understanding of the luxury hotel market.
- Possess or attain CMP designation within three years of hire / taking position.
- Excellent customer skills, superior interpersonal skills, results-oriented and highly motivated.
- Proven ability to plan and execute events effectively with a strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering, Word, Excel, Meeting Matrix and PMS programs
- Knowledge of forecasting and budgeting process
- Good understanding of all hotel departments particularly housekeeping, front office, banquets, and the kitchen
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* *Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-4512 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 18.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: RYH01553