Navigant Consultant - Energy - Campus 2018 - Toronto, Canada in Canada
Navigant Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: NCI) is a specialized, global professional services firm that helps clients take control of their future. Navigant’s professionals apply deep industry knowledge, substantive technical expertise, and an enterprising approach to help clients build, manage and/or protect their business interests. With a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change and significant regulatory or legal pressures, the Firm primarily serves clients in the healthcare, energy and financial services industries. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, Navigant’s practitioners bring sharp insight that pinpoints opportunities and delivers powerful results. More information about Navigant can be found at navigant.com.
Navigant’s Energy practice helps clients strengthen their enterprises in order to increase performance, opportunity, and growth. Our professionals possess an extensive understanding of regulatory processes, wholesale and retail pricing, supply and demand dynamics, energy market design, fuel sourcing, financing, technologies and operations to a wide variety of players across the energy spectrum.
Our combination of industry knowledge and functional expertise enables us to uniquely manage high-profile issues including transmission development, NERC and FERC compliance, stimulus funding, energy efficiency, renewable energy, merger and acquisition analysis, and the energy crisis in general. Our services are designed to benefit owners, developers, investors, and regulators as we help them minimize risk and optimize performance in this critical, complex, and ever-evolving industry.
Culture: The foundation of our culture is based on the following four guiding principles aimed at energizing our employees and promoting success.
Provide best-in-class client service – We deliver our best to every client and follow through on our promises. We employ a partnering mentality with our clients and strive to exceed their expectations.
Develop and reward employees – We are a meritocracy that encourages, supports, and rewards professional growth and the successes of each individual. This is a key to our success now and in the future.
Foster work-life balance – We foster an environment where our people are equally passionate about their professional and personal achievements and we strive as a firm to continually support and encourage those goals.
Embrace collaboration and teamwork – We advocate involvement in our pursuits at all levels, embracing a culture where collaboration and teamwork are the foundation for achieving client satisfaction, continuous learning, business growth, and a positive work environment.
Opportunities: Navigant offers a challenging high profile career working closely with prestigious clients at senior levels to deliver real value. Navigant is a flourishing company built on trust, teamwork, and enthusiasm that values and respects its employees and clients.
We are seeking a Consultant to join our Energy Customers & Markets consulting practice. As members of our team, consultants work with clients involved in a wide range of energy-related activities, particularly in the field of energy efficiency. The consultant will perform a wide range of activities including energy efficiency (EE) and demand response (DR) program evaluation, program and policy planning, and market and technology assessments. This includes involvement and interaction with utility companies, program implementers, government agencies, industry representatives, trade organizations, end-use customers, and efficiency advocates.
Specific activities may include:
· Impact evaluations of claimed energy and demand savings from EE and DR programs
· Performing technical and economic analyses; data collection; spreadsheet creation and management
· Assessing energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies
· Building and technology energy simulation modeling
· Field performance measurement and data collection of building and industrial process energy systems
· Providing detailed fact finding, research, and analysis on energy-related activities
· Assessing technologies and analyzing technology trends
· Developing technology strategies for utilities, government, and energy companies
· Communicating solutions and new strategies to clients through reports and presentations
· Bachelors of Science with an emphasis on analysis, logical reasoning, or problem solving (e.g., engineering, economics, mathematics, business, physical sciences, etc.)
· Strong interest in energy efficiency, renewable energy, distributed generation, and advanced technologies
· Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Superior interpersonal skills
· Highly developed organizational and management skills
· Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities without diminished effectiveness
· Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and slide presentation software
· Ability to travel and to work overtime hours as needed
Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at another location
Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
Generally works in an office environment
The company offers competitive compensation packages including an incentive compensation plan, comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans.
Navigant does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Navigant and Navigant will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Navigant is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Navigant will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.