Fairmont Culinary and Pastry Opportunities - Spring 2017 in Canada
*Culinary and Pastry Opportunities - Spring 2017 Start Dates *
Every memorable dining experience at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As a member of our Culinary team, the care you devote to all aspects of food preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is surrounded by the snow capped mountains and enchanting lakes of Jasper National Park; a UNESCO designated World Heritage Site which includes the #1 Best Golf Resort in Canada by the readers of SCOREGolf Magazine, a newly redesigned Fairmont spa, 6 food and beverage outlets, and many outdoor activities which are right outside your door. No matter what time of year you visit the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, you can expect to be a part of "The True Rocky Mountain Experience".
For more information on what it is like to live and work in Jasper as well as detailed information about our staff accommodations visit www.jasperparklodgejobs.com.
The following Culinary positions are available:
- General Cook
- Second Cook
- First Cook
- Chef de Partie
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Prepare and service all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- All other duties as assigned
- Candidates will be matched to positions based upon experience & qualifications. Please indicate your preference in your cover letter
- Job responsibilities vary based upon position and will be discussed during the interview process
- Previous experience in the culinary field an asset
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent an asset
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
*Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): *
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements:Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist in obtaining work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Jasper-The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Closing Date: 31.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: JPL02296