Fairmont Demi Chef De Partie in Canada
_ __ _
Demi Chef de Partie
Maintains the highest standards of food quality and presentation in workstation as directed by the Sous Chef on duty. Must have well-rounded knowledge of all areas of the kitchen including a la carte restaurant, and production areas of; banquets, garde manger, vegetable, butcher, soups, and sauce stations. Works within the station in clean safe and efficient manner in accordance with the policy’s procedures and standards of the kitchen.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Review the daily production sheets with the Chef De Partie & Sous Chef.
- Prepares and when required delegates the production of the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service
- Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff and apprentices
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
- Keeps work station clean and organized including fridge’s/freezers, countertops and stove tops
- Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense
- Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to chef de partie/ Sous chef in a timely fashion
- Prepares lists of food products required for station for Sous Chef order and approval
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards an asset
- Red Seal Certificate (Journeyman’s papers) or Recognized International Equivalent
- Valid Food Handler Certificate required
- Must have experience and be proficient in both a la carte and production cooking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
*Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): *
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
*Visa Requirements: *Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Lake Louise-The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 25.Apr.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: CLL01933