Fairmont Director of Facilities in Canada
Director of FacilitiesImmaculate product, effective infrastructure, and active health & safety processes combine to make Fairmont Waterfront a place of unrivalled presence. As the Director of Facilities you will lead and empower your team to create and maintain the property; provide the environment that allows the hotel’s colleagues to deliver an extraordinary luxury experience to guests and patrons.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Waterfront provides relaxed luxury on the West Coast coupled with a world-class Vancouver experience. Indulge in an urban retreat with elegant accommodation, state-of-the-art meeting facilities and breathtaking harbour views complete with warm and welcoming service. Guests can enjoy simple, fresh, local and handcrafted artisan food in ARC, then visit our celebrated rooftop garden and honeybee apiary to discover where we source our fresh herbs and honey from.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reports to the General Manager with responsibilities and essential job functions that include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Recommends priorities and general strategies for facilities infrastructure and property asset management, replacement and renovations; recommends capital expenditures.
- Oversees long-range planning and development of new operating capital and infrastructure improvement programs.
- Leads planning and implementation of the property’s environmental stewardship efforts; develops and implements new programs and policies to reduce carbon footprint.
- Administers long term Preventive Maintenance Program for guest rooms, public areas, heart of house and safety systems.
- Develops and maintains internal standards for facilities; oversees selection and provision of furnishings, fixtures and equipment.
- Prepares and controls the annual facilities budget, monthly forecasting, month end reports and commentary.
- Create and maintain a long term plan for equipment end of life.
- Coordinates contracts including development of standard contracts, negotiating and administering contracts for services; assesses legal implications relating to other work activities.
- Sources appropriate suppliers and contractors; prepares and implements bid and purchasing procedures; evaluates Requests for Proposals (RFP) submissions, negotiates and recommends contract approvals.
- Provides managerial direction to departmental teams and activities; provide leadership to team that operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Oversees third-party tenant leases; coordinate and deliver services based on lease agreements.
- Directs maintenance staff and contractors in the operation and maintenance of the mechanical and physical plant.
- Maintains budget in support of operational needs; maintains purchase and work-order systems to ensure equipment and supplies are available to team.
- Understand and own all Back of House systems including electrical, power, Internet and technology.
- Administers work-order program and ensures that requests are handled in a timely and effective manner for both external and internal guests.
- Recruits and provides performance appraisals and reviews; develops and coordinates the training and development of Facilities staff members.
- Oversees the scheduling and payroll systems as they relate to hotel Facilities staff members.
- Coordinates and manages all outside contractors; including, but not limited to, elevators, refrigeration and waste disposal.
- Maintain a Purchase Order system and Request for Proposal system for the department
- Ensure open communication and mutual support between Facilities and Royal Service departments and team; use Voice of the Guest (VOG) to develop support for other operating departments.
- Coordinates with regulatory authorities and city regarding issues such as building codes, safety issues, accessibility issues and others.
- Responsible for departmental health, safety, and WHMIS training programs, and thorough WCB compliance; actively participates in Occupational Health & Safety programs.
- Guides compliance, development and implementation of life safety systems, procedures and programs; head of Emergency Preparedness Committee and liaison with city emergency services.
- Manage reporting required by Accor relative to emissions impact and sustainability efforts.
- Strong Organization and Project Management Skill
- Collaborates effectively with diverse constituencies.
- Displays strong organization and project management skill; meet deadlines and handle multiple projects and timetables.
- Able to analyze highly conceptual issues and problems; provide creative solutions.
- Provide effective communication through written, verbal and non-verbal means.
- Delivers effective presentations; able to change delivery to suit needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates proficiency using standard office software applications in addition to facilities management systems.
- Able to lead a team across all disciplines of facilities management including (but not limited to) information technology (IT), telephony, plumbing, electrical, maintenance, painting and building/construction.
- Able to understand and communicate pertinent building and business regulations.
- Strong analysis skills and comfortable with financial analysis of budget, forecast and performance.
- Ensure all work is consistently done to a first-class, luxury, standard.
- Able to be flexible in schedule; hours of work and days off will vary according to business demands.
- Previous experience managing large facilities required.
- Proven experience managing large capital projects.
- Post secondary education in Facilities Management and/or Project Management an asset.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Vancouver-The Fairmont Waterfront
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Senior Leadership / Executive
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 28.Jan.2017, 2:59:00 AM
Req ID: WFC00579