Fairmont Food & Beverage Coordinator in Canada
Food & Beverage Coordinator
As a Food & Beverage Coordinator with Fairmont Waterfront, through your administrative support of the Food & Beverage Division you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and memorable experiences that are hallmarks of our dining experience. The ideal candidate will always have the service of guests in mind with the ability to balance a high level of service with the detail and accuracy required in administrative work.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Waterfront provides relaxed luxury on the West Coast coupled with a world-class Vancouver experience. Indulge in an urban retreat with elegant accommodation, state-of-the-art meeting facilities and breathtaking harbour views complete with warm and welcoming service. Guests can enjoy simple, fresh, local and handcrafted artisan food in ARC, then visit our celebrated rooftop garden and honeybee apiary to discover where we source our fresh herbs and honey from.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, ARC Restaurant & Bar, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Administers the day-to-day operation of the Food & Beverage office
- Prioritizes and maintains active daily telephone and e-mail activity with potential customers, in-person visitors and schedules appointments
- Maintain confidential filling system for correspondence, policies, standards, regulations and various matters related to the Food & Beverage Division
- Manages the flow of reservations in all areas on a daily basis, ensuring we maximize productivity, guest satisfaction, and increase restaurant volume
- Assists with payroll, and Time & Attendance system on a daily basis
- Coordinates information between Sales and Food & Beverage, as well as Kitchen, Accounting, and Engineering teams
- Updates information on our social media platforms and booking websites including Facebook, Instagram, ARC Dining, OpenTable, and Tripadvisor
- Issues Restaurant Event Orders for group and special events and handles and communicate Banquet Event Orders
- Creates and maintains client and guest accounts in Open Table on a daily basis, confirming all reservations and creating floor plans
- Schedule on-site and off-site meetings, conference calls, prepare meeting agendas, take and distribute minutes and complete arrangements for meeting venues and Food & Beverage as required
- Follow departmental policies and procedures in addition to all safety policies
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
- A minimum of 2 year hospitality experience in Food & Beverage, hotel dining room, or high volume restaurant
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Problem solving & decision making skills; analytical and highly detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills; service oriented and a team player
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and MS Office software required, Opera Sales & Catering, and Open Table an asset)
- Strong business writing, communication and organizational skills are essential
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Highly responsible and reliable, and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements:Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Vancouver-The Fairmont Waterfront
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 25.Jan.2017, 2:59:00 AM
Req ID: WFC00581