Fairmont Front Desk Manager in Canada
Front Desk Manager
Providing engaging, sincere, personalized service is one of the ways our Front Office Colleagues and Leaders are turning moments into memories for our guests at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Showcase your leadership and interpersonal strengths as Front Desk Manager, where you will lead our team of service ambassadors, maximize Front Office operations and ensure exceptional guest service.
Hotel Overview: Nestled on the edge of Alberta’s Lake Louise in the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is an all-season recreational paradise that has attracted guests from around the world since 1890. Only a two-hour drive west of Calgary, the property is enveloped by some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. Facilities include 554 guest rooms, Health Club and Spa, five restaurants, a deli and a lounge. As well, we also have retail shopping, a business centre, horseback riding and canoeing in the Summer, and sleigh rides in the Winter.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Director of Front Office, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures that all Front Desk Policies and Procedures are adhered
- Coordinates management of the Front Desk while on duty to ensure a smooth operation and the highest level of guest satisfaction
- Seeks feedback on guest satisfaction and resolves problems in accordance with our Mission Statement and philosophy of employee empowerment.
- Responds directly back to guests who experience any issues in regards to Check-in and or Check-out in person, email, phone, or responding to JDP surveys
- Strong & effective communication with all other departments. Conducts and participates in monthly communication meetings
- Schedules Front Desk meetings two months out at all times to ensure they happen monthly, and consistently.
- Provides Guidance and motivation to the Front Desk Team. Establishes and communicates on a daily basis with the Front Desk Team. A strong commitment to Colleague Satisfaction.
- Creates an environment that allows colleagues to achieve job fulfillment and provides a path for career development with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Develops a strong team through active involvement in the operations and through the development and support of a continually evolving team.
- Responsible to balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Responsible for ensuring consistency in exceeding guest service expectations
- Provides passionate direction towards achieving our vision
- Maximizes rooms revenue through participating in yield management group meetings and implementing and supporting agreed upon Revenue Management strategies and practices
- Oversees group business, reviewing and ensuring details of conference resumes are met and serve as a liaison with the conference conveners
- Reviews arrival reports and VIP’s to ensure all special requirements are met or exceeded
- Block all VIP guests to ensure all preferences are met or exceeded
- Reach out to all Platinum and Circle Presidents Club Members to ensure activities and dining have been arranged
- Spot check Platinum and Circle President Club Members rooms prior to arrival, communicate any deficiencies to the appropriate departments
- Meet and greet all Platinum and Circle Presidents Club Members
- Establish a Fairmont President Club culture throughout the hotel
- Designates assistant champion(s) in key departments (ie. Housekeeping, F&B;, Sales, Reservations, Fairmont Gold, Spa, etc.) to take ownership and assist in training their own department or division in regards to Fairmont Presidents Club
- Leads the FPC Committee with the assistant champions in monthly meeting to review Guest Satisfaction, to identify opportunities, to establish goals and training needs and act upon outstanding items
- Ensure Loyalty report is reviewed by all Leaders of each department
- Ensures all departments are well trained on their specific FPC procedures and review procedures on a regular basis
- Ensure all leaders and pre-established colleagues and departments have access to ProfilePlus and have full training and knowledge of the system
- Manage JDP Comments and track each colleagues JDP score
- One on Ones with all GSS’ and AFOMs
- Run ASIP for Check-in and Check-out
- Conduct Assistant Front Office Managers and Guest Service Supervisors performance evaluations on a timely basis, including corrective action and coaching. Directly influences the future effectiveness of the hotel through involvement in recruitment, hiring, training & motivation of Front Desk colleagues.
- Develops, implements and maintains new incentives to motivate colleagues and maximize hotel revenue
- Ensures effective utilization & productivity of all colleagues through staff planning, hiring, scheduling & adhering to budget
- Effectively maximizes inventory levels during high occupancy/sold out nights
- Adheres to and promotes the Company’s Health & safety policies to ensure a safe work environment and knowledgeable all safety & emergency procedures.
- Cover Duty Manager shifts as required
- Attend monthly Credit meetings and ensure all accounting procedures are adhered to throughout the department, including monitoring Guest balance and city ledger accounts
- Deputizes for the Director of Front Office when required
- Additional tasks as the Director of Front Office sees fit
- Minimum 3 years' previous management experience in Front Office operations
- Proven ability to guide and coach team members
- English speaking
- An operational knowledge and proficiency in Property Management System (Micros-Fidelio)
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent leadership, written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior leadership & coaching skills with a proven track record of developing and motivating career minded professionals
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background required
- Able to balance a variety of conflicting priorities while considering all aspects of the job Eg. Financial, Operational, Human Resources, etc,
- A working knowledge of a third language and its application in the hotel and hospitality operation is an asset
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset
Visa Requirements: Applicant must hold the proper work authorization to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise!*www.lakelouisejobs.com*
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Lake Louise-The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 25.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: CLL02665