Fairmont Golf Course Technician (Spring/Summer 2017) in Canada
Golf Course Technician (Spring/Summer 2017)
Working in the Turf Care department, the Golf Course Maintenance Technician ensures the plant health of the golf course by carrying out a variety of fertility and cultural programs.
Hotel Overview: * *The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation in the heart of Canada’s Rocky Mountains. With 764 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78 one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career.
Whether you are seeking innovative mentorship with global career opportunities or you are an outdoor adventure seekers, this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Superintendent, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- General greenskeeping including mowing, bunker maintenance, setting the golf course for play, etc.
- Carry out fertility and cultural programs
- Complete irrigation repairs
- Assist with various improvement projects
- Labor intensive work in the form of digging, lifting, pushing, and assorted tasks
- Mentoring of staff and provide equipment training
- Other tasks as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Updated driver’s abstract (no serious infractions in past year)
- Golf course experience (2-4 years)
- Turf management diploma or currently enrolled in turf program an asset
- Ability to operate all mowing and cultural equipment, chainsaw, and skid steer an asset
- Understanding of the rules of golf
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Perform tasks under minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule
- Knowledge of tools, methods, and materials used in grounds and landscape maintenance work
- Ability to work in a team and independently
Perks: Endless staff events, subsidized staff housing, daily duty meal in our staff cafeteria, employee travel program, food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf discounts, ) and employee assistance program
Visa Requirements:Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Banff-The Fairmont Banff Springs
Employee Status: Limited Term
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 31.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: BSH03129