Fairmont Golf Retail Associate (Spring/Summer 2017) in Canada
Golf Retail Associate(Spring/Summer 2017)
The Golf Retail Associate will be responsible for merchandising and selling product in the Golf Shop in addition to checking in guests and members for their tee time reservations. We are looking for a polished and professional candidate with strong customer service skills, who is motivated and driven to sell, and is comfortable making quick and creative decisions in a face-paced environment.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation in the heart of Canada’s Rocky Mountains. With 764 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career.
Whether you are seeking innovative mentorship with global career opportunities or you are an outdoor adventure seekers, this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Golf Operations Manager and Retail Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Checking in individual guests, tours, groups and members for tee time reservations
- Utilizing a point of sale system to handle tender and accurately process credit card and account charges
- Responsible for balancing and maintaining cash float and adhering to our accounting policies
- Maximizing retail profits through effective sales techniques , product knowledge and inventory controls
- Administer golf rental club and rental shoe sign-off forms for individual and group events
- Ensure the Golf Shop is professionally merchandised, fully stocked and organized at all times
- Maintain a clean work environment including check-in counter, floor and display spaces
- Assisting Golf Reservations with answering the telephone and booking and modifying reservations
- Complete opening and closing tasks for the Golf Shop
- Display confidence in decision making, a natural ability to empathize and relate to our guests, and ability offer creative and appropriate alternatives when required.
- Previous retail and/or merchandising experience is an asset
- High School diploma
- Interest in becoming or have already entered the CPGA Apprentice or Candidate program
- Class 5 Drivers License and updated drivers abstract
- Proficient in computer skills (reservation and POS systems)
- Able to work flexible hours (early morning, evening and occasional split shifts)
- Ability to deal with high-pressure situations in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated and guest driven with a passion to continually exceed expectations and anticipate needs
- Proactive with a demonstrated eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple functions
- Solutions-orientated, strong interpersonal skills and problem solving techniques
Seasonal Perks: Endless staff events, subsidized staff housing, daily duty meal in our staff cafeteria, food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf discounts and employee assistance program.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Lifting required: (50 lbs.): Golf bags, merchandise, boxes of bottled water, etc.
- Repetitive Tasks/Movements: Standing/walking for extended periods
Visa Requirements:Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Banff-The Fairmont Banff Springs
Employee Status: Limited Term
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 29.Apr.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: BSH03050