Fairmont In Room Dining Manager in Canada
In Room Dining Manager
**Our guests are always at home at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts – and their In Room Dining experience is no exception. Your leadership strengths as In Room Dining Manager ensure successful operations and the consistent delivery of not only memorable cuisine, but also of outstanding guest service.
Hotel Overview: * *Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travellers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Food and Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Controls and analyzes, on an ongoing basis, the following: Quality levels of production, Guest satisfaction (GSI), Employee satisfaction (CES), Merchandising and marketing, Operating costs (financials), Sanitation, cleanliness, hygiene (front & back of house)
- Supervises, coordinates and directs the prompt, efficient and courteous serving of food and beverages in the room service department
- Ensures optimal service is being provided while maximizing profit potential
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations
- Ensures proper staffing levels are maintained while balancing quality and sales with daily/seasonal staffing demands
- To conduct, under the guidance of the Food and Beverage Director, such functions as interviewing, hiring, employee orientation, training, on the job performance, coaching, counseling and suspension if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity
- Develops formal training program per outlet, as well as an annual training calendar, implements on the job training sessions for the room service employees, responsible for meeting training goals
- Produces and implements creative promotional programs with their outlet with the goal of boosting sales and visibility and develops annual promotions calendar in coordination with the F&B; Director
- Attends and contributes to the weekly food and beverage departmental meetings
- Conducts shift briefings and maintains liaison with the Executive Chef
- Conducts cleaning inspections on a regular basis to ensure compliance with health standards and hotel cleanliness standards
- Participates in service as necessary in accordance with the requirements and practices of room service
- Controls stocks for daily use in restaurants to ensure service requirements are met
- Schedules guests’ reservations and arrange for private functions
- Participates in the preparation of the Food and Beverage department budget and goals
- Conducts all administrative work required, including but not limited to : schedules, cleaning and maintenance logbooks, opening/closing duties, cleaning checklists, tracks and compiles sales statistics per month
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a supervisory/management position in the room service department
- University or College education in Hotel and Restaurant Management an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Second language skills an asset
- Self-motivated, thoroughly organized, energetic individual who has the ability to lead a group of people and delegate tasks
- Excellent training skills as well as strong financial skills
- Good knowledge of food products, cooking methods, wines and spirits
- Smart Serve Training Certification
- Experience working in an Union Environment
- Must be willing to work varying shifts* *
*Visa Requirements: *Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-4512 firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 19.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: RYH01562