Fairmont Kitchen First Cook in Canada
__ _ _
First Cook - Kitchen
Every memorable dining experience at The Fairmont Banff Springs begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As First Cook, the care you devote to all aspects of food preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Banff Springs: iconic beauty amidst snow-capped peaks, enchanting lakes and pristine wilderness. The majestic “Castle in the Rockies,” a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the heart of Banff National Park, has been providing legendary hospitality to guests since 1888.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chef de Partie, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Receiving, storing, and preparing any food items needed in our numerous kitchens
- Preparation (mis en place) of all items as instructed by the Sous Chef and Chef de Partie
- Cooking and plating of dishes in the assigned kitchen. Maintaining a detailed knowledge of the menu
- Assist Sous Chef and Chef de Partie in training and developing Second Cooks and new staff
- Following department standards and recipes
- Clean and maintain all equipment, counter tops, and shelves, reporting any areas and equipment in need of a work order
- Commitment to the ongoing success of our Culinary team
- Enforce a safe work environment for all colleagues and guests by upholding the Safety rules
- Experience in Luxury Hotel Kitchens
- Strong Skills in visual presentation of food, with a familiarity with contemporary serving styles
- WHMIS or similar training
- 3 – 5 years experience working in a fast paced kitchen
- High School diploma
- Journeyman or international equivalency. Documentation Required.
- Safe Food Handling Certification
Rate of Pay: Starting rate of pay: $14.85
6 month rate of pay: $16.99
*Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): *
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Banff-The Fairmont Banff Springs
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 29.Apr.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: BSH03022