Fairmont Kitchen Second Cook (Pastry) in Canada
Kitchen Second Cook - (Pastry)
Every memorable dining experience at The Fairmont Banff Springs begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team is commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Second Cook, the care you devote to preparing each menu item will not go unnoticed by the guests who are fortunate enough to enjoy them!
The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation in the heart of Canada’s Rocky Mountains. With 768 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career.
Whether you are seeking innovative mentorship with global career opportunities or you are an outdoor adventure seekers, this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chef de Partie, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while
- Receiving, storing with proper rotation, and preparing all food items needed in our numerous kitchens
- Preparation (mis en place) of items as instructed by the Sous Chef and Chef de Partie
- Following the department standards and recipes
- Clean and maintain all equipment, counter tops, and shelves, reporting any areas and equipment in need of a work order
- Commitment to the ongoing success of our Culinary Team
- Enforce a safe work environment for all colleagues and guests by upholding the safety rules provided by The Fairmont Banff Springs and the Kitchen Department
- Foster an environment of cooperation within the department, and between other departments within the hotel, encouraging participation and input from all colleagues, while promoting professional work habits that will ensure that the department is being guided at all times by Fairmont's Mission, Vision and Values
- Previous pastry/bakeshop experience required
- Completion of or enrolment in a culinary program
- WHMIS or similar training
- 6 months – 3 years experience working in a fast paced kitchen
- High School diploma
- Safe Food Handling Certification
*Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): *
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Perks: Endless staff events, subsidized staff housing, competitive benefits, daily duty meal in our staff cafeteria, employee travel program, food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf discounts, competitive extended benefit plans (medical, vision, dental) and employee assistance program.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.* *
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Banff-The Fairmont Banff Springs
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 21.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: BSH02994