Fairmont Massage Therapist - Immediate Start in Canada
Massage TherapistLuxury and tranquility in an authentic setting, await our Guests at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. As a Massage Therapist our guests will enjoy the professional and personalized spa experience you offer. The expertise and attention to detail you provide during their treatment will ensure our guests have a memory to share.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is surrounded by the snow capped mountains and enchanting lakes of Jasper National Park; a UNESCO designated World Heritage Site which includes the #1 Best Golf Resort in Canada by the readers of SCOREGolf Magazine, a newly redesigned Fairmont spa, 6 food and beverage outlets, and many outdoor activities which are right outside your door. No matter what time of year you visit The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, you can expect to be a part of "The True Rocky Mountain Experience".
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Spa Director, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
Follow departmental policies and procedures
Perform all 30, 45, 60, 90 and 120 minute massage and body treatments as trained
- Ensure individualized guest service through acknowledging and responding to needs and expectationwhile maintaining the clients comfort at all times
- Maintain clean, hygienic and neat work environment at all times, ensuring all equipment in safe working order
- Adhere to Body Tech safety procedures and practices and departmental Emergency Procedures/Safety Manual
- Actively participate in learning spa's operations, i.e. body treatments, product knowledge, retail sales, Energy Masters Program
Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
Support other teams within department as required, i.e. Spa Attendants, Spa Reception
- Other duties as assigned
Previous experience as a Massage Therapist required
Certification from an accredited school of Massage required, 2200 hour course an asset
- Registered within province of Alberta prior to beginning employment
Current professional licenses
CPR and First Aid certification preferred
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- $1000 Bonus to assist with Relocation, paid upon start date. Minimum 12 month commitment required, otherwise repayment will be necessary upon resignation.
- Competitive wage includes hourly rate + commission + service charge (Starting at $45.12 per treatment based on a basic 60 minute service, up to $72.25 per high end 90 minute service)
- 8% Retail commission and product incentives
- Subsidized housing on site, including apartments
- Paid Vacation / Flexible Schedule Options
- Full benefits (Medical, Paramedical, Dental, Vision)
- A discounted room rate for any Fairmont Hotel and Resort
- Discounts on Spa services & retail
- Complimentary health club access (includes fitness centre, steam, sauna)
- Educational Assistance for colleagues who wish to continue to pursue learning opportunities.
- Early transfer opportunities between regional properties*
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Jasper-The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 31.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: JPL02176