Ericsson Mechanical Designer (New Graduates - Ottawa) in Canada
This position is for new graduates. If you are graduating in 2017, or have graduated within the last two years from a bachelor’s, masters or phd you are highly eligible for this position. Candidates who graduated prior to 2015 will be disqualified for the role.
Our team is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Mechanical Design role, helping to design and deliver Mechanical Building Practice and Design projects for use in Ericsson’s Radio Base Station Products. Your role will include working with a multi-functional team, designing mechanical building practice and RF components. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
Only those candidates with 2 years or less work experience since graduation need apply.
- Radio base station mechanical design and file delivery for manufacturing builds, including cavity filter mechanical design
- Working with the Radio and Filter Designers/Production supply to understand requirements and release drawing files suitable for high volume manufacturing
- Working with Supply organization to resolve build issues relating to design files/parts
- Tolerance analysis, cost containment, features required for die casting
- Machine shop operations (machining/lathing etc) to make minor modifications to prototypes
- Interface with prototype/volume vendors to ensure quality of deliverables to design drawing requirements
- Evaluation of Prototype and volume piece-part to requirements
- Perform continuous analysis and requirement handling
- Perform trouble shooting and customer support
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
- Develop competence in technical domain
- Education: BSME/MSME or equivalent
- Demonstrated Mechanical CAD experience using CREO or equivalent
- Mechanical Product development and Product Lifecycle Management knowledge
- Business understanding
- Working with people and networking
- Innovating, adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Planning and Organizing
- Some experience with machining tools an asset
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || No Selection || Ottawa || Stud&YP;
Req ID: 199446