Fairmont New Restaurant - Senior Bartender in Canada
In Spring 2017, an exciting new restaurant concept will be opening at Fairmont Pacific Rim.
With a bar, dining room, outdoor terrace garden and champagne lounge it will be an offer filled with wonderment and charm. We’re seeking talented, passionate and energetic people to join our opening team. If you love food, drink and engaging with people we’d love to hear from you.
Do you have what it takes to be our new Senior Bartender?
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Supervisors and Managers, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Offer genuine sense of hospitality at each point of guest contact
- Entice guests with your passion of craft cocktails and spirits
- Provide a fun and engaging bar experience
- Make food and beverage recommendations you genuinely feel our guests will enjoy
- Prepare drinks at the highest quality following proper measurements and recipes
- Maintain strong and trend forward knowledge of all food and beverage menus, menu ingredients, and our guest preferences
- Consistently offer a professional, friendly and engaging service adhered to FORBES 5 Star Dining and Bar Standards
- Perform daily duties in preparation of service including ordering, stocking, pre-batching
- Complete the train the trainer program and take on role of departmental trainer, participating in monthly trainer meetings, updating training manuals and SOP’s, and provide all new colleague on boarding as well as existing colleague training in full
- To train all staff in proper service and etiquette of the outlet in adherence with standards including training follow up and coaching.
- Responsible to ensure the maintenance of the bar maintaining work space, menu upkeep, cleaning guest areas, and setting up pre/post service periods
- Follow standards of conduct, safety, sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A passion for all things hospitality is required
- The ability to be happy and welcoming, responsive and solution oriented is a must
- Previous experience in similar role is an asset
- Previous experience in fast pace dynamic restaurant/bar is an asset
- Previous experience with POS system is an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
*Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): *
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
*Visa Requirements: *Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Primary Location: Canada-Vancouver-Fairmont Pacific Rim
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Closing Date: 28.Jan.2017, 2:59:00 AM
Req ID: VPR02072