Fairmont Night Cleaner - Stewarding - Immediate Start in Canada
Night Cleaner - Stewarding
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge begins behind the scenes with our Food & Beverage team’s commitment to safe and efficient operations. Support a skilled and engaged team as a Night Cleaner, where your care and inspection of all kitchen areas and equipment will ensure a superior standard.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is surrounded by the snow capped mountains and enchanting lakes of Jasper National Park; a UNESCO designated World Heritage Site which includes the #1 Best Golf Resort in Canada by the readers of SCOREGolf Magazine, a newly redesigned Fairmont spa, 6 food and beverage outlets, and many outdoor activities which are right outside your door. No matter what time of year you visit Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, you can expect to be a part of "The True Rocky Mountain Experience".
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friend, and engaging service
- Work overnight shifts from approximately 10:00 pm – 6:30 am
- Deep clean all Kitchen areas after hours to ensure the highest level of hygiene and sanitation is met
- Ensure all Kitchen floors, ovens, stovetops, walls and ceiling tiles are cleaned and sanitized
- Ensure any necessary repairs or areas of concern are communicated and reported
- Ensure proper use of PPE while using chemicals and all chemicals are properly stored and organized
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- All other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a Kitchen setting an asset
- Good physical condition required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
*Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): *
- Standing: 6-8 hr/day
- Sitting: 0-1 hr/day
- Walking: 6-8 hr/day
- Bending/reaching: 6-8 hr/day
- Pushing/pulling: 6-8 hr/day
- Physical effort: high – required to lift up to 70 lbs
- Environmental stress: high - hot, loud, work with chemicals and hot water, must be willing to get hands dirty
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Jasper-The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Overnight Job
Closing Date: 01.Feb.2017, 1:59:00 AM
Req ID: JPL02386