Fairmont Rooms Reservations Agent (Spring/Summer 2017) in Canada
Rooms Reservation Agent (Spring/Summer 2017)Are you an individual with keen attention to detail and gregarious personality looking to grow your skills in the area of reservations while enjoying the breathtaking setting of the Canadian Rockies? We are seeking a highly energized, organized and professional candidate to join our Room Reservations team. As a Room Reservations Agent you will handle guest enquiries for Transient and Group room reservations as well as work closely with our Wholesale Clients to book our Tour and FIT guests. If you are an individual comfortable with making quick and creative decisions that exceed guest expectations, while demonstrating a high level of responsibility in ensuring ownership of actions, then this is a great role to build your resume leading towards a career in Sales, Revenue and more.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation in the heart of Canada’s Rocky Mountains. With 764 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career.
Whether you are seeking innovative mentorship with global career opportunities or you are an outdoor adventure seekers, this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Reservations Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Make room reservations for the Leisure/Group/Tour & FIT segments as assigned within the department. Each segment has its own tasks and processes.
- Efficiently produce and execute daily reports for segments, auditing reservations and updating as needed
- Promote hotel services and amenities to encourage an exceptional resort experience
- Replying to enquiries/emails in the Reservations Common inboxes in a timely manner
- Correspond with guests/clients via fax, email or telephone phone while monitoring Reservations voicemail regularly
- Correspond with guests/clients via fax, email or telephone phone while monitoring Group Services voicemail regularly
- Review Site Inspection, FAM, BDT and Rooming List forms to ensure accuracy of room reservations
- Ensure CRS & PMS inventory is balanced daily
- Review information on Fairmont.com website and other third party booking websites to ensure accuracy of information for our hotel
- Work closely with Sales, Front Office and Accounting teams to ensure all client expectations are met and/or exceeded
- Assist with duties within other Reservations Segments (Leisure, Tour & FIT & Groups) when required
- Assist with other duties as assigned. As a member of the Rooms Division, you may be asked to fill into other departments as needed due to staffing levels.
- Active ambassador for our guests, the hotel and community
- Follow and Champion all Health & Safety Policies within department
- Other duties as assigned
Previous reservations experience is an asset
Previous sales experience is an asset
Second language is an asset
High School diploma
Must display strong analytical, organizational and administrative skills to be able to deal with multiple priorities simultaneously
Passion for hotel operations with a strong attention to detail
Working knowledge of Opera Property Manager System (PMS) is an asset
Working knowledge of Central Reservations System (CRS) is an asset
Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
Excellent written and verbal skills required
Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Word, and Excel
Professional Presentation with ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Must be willing to work shifts (including split shifts) and varied days off on occasion.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Constant sitting throughout shift (responsibilities are primarily computer based)
Minimal carrying, lifting or pulling required for role
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Banff-The Fairmont Banff Springs
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 29.Apr.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: BSH03038