Fairmont Royal Service Agent in Canada
Do you want to…
- Work for the #1 city hotel in Canada,
- Be part of an extraordinary team,
- Elevate your career with a global luxury brand offering extensive development opportunities,
- Utilize global perks and privileges and enjoy a competitive wage?
Then you might be our next* Royal Service Agent!*
Your knowledge of the hotel and the technical skill you display when responding to Guest telephone calls will prove you truly are a Fairmont professional. As a Royal Service Agent, effective and engaging communication is the key when speaking to fellow Colleagues and Guests.
Hotel Overview: At the ocean's edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbour views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality. Discover Fairmont Pacific Rim - and discover Vancouver as part of our rockstar team.
*Summary of Responsibilities: *Reporting to the Reservations & Royal Service Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Process all external and internal calls either by redirecting calls or assisting the caller
- Take ownership of the caller’s request and ensure follow up according to the hotel’s standards
- Have a sufficient working knowledge of all departments, in particular Housekeeping, Front Desk, Reservations, Guest Services, Engineering and Concierge
- Maintain and monitor the “Royal Service” software system
- Monitor three email inboxes on a consistent basis and respond to questions and inquiries where required
- Coordinate turndown service throughout the hotel on a daily basis
- Monitor room statuses throughout the day and efficiently complete pre-registering of guests
- Complete reservation checks and audits on a daily basis
- Serve as a liaison for Guests requiring information relating to all aspects of the hotel
- Handle and distribute faxes, voice messages and written messages for internal and external Guests
- Have full knowledge of the hotel’s emergency procedures
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year minimum previous hotel experience required
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System an asset
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated verbal communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize guest requests/inquiries/issues and daily tasks efficiently and seamlessly
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional standing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Vancouver-Fairmont Pacific Rim
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 19.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: VPR02074