Fairmont Spa Therapist in Canada
Spa TherapistThe Spa at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a day spa with eight multipurpose treatment rooms, 2-chair hair salon, 2 manicure and 2 pedicure stations and a retail boutique. We are located in the beautiful Rocky Mountains west of Banff. We provide a work environment that is conducive to learning, friendship and professional growth.
Perform a variety of modalities such as: relaxation, deep tissue, hot stone massage, chair massage for groups, in-room massage, foot massage, bodywraps/scrubs, scalp massages.
As we are a day spa in a world famous resort, our guests have discerning taste. They are typically well-travelled and active individuals who have high expectations. We deliver on our Service Promises at all times. Our Spa professionals understand the importance of cultivating the art of flexibility.
In our intimate spa setting, it is critical that we have a strong team environment.
A natural/engaging/positive attitude is a daily expectation.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to theSpa Director, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the proper procedures in the operations of each treatment/ spa, welcoming customers and basic reservations
- Must follow the LQA (leading quality assurance) standards at all times
- Accommodates special requests of customers
- Maintains a clean and productive work environment that meets the Alberta Health Standards
- Meet JPD (JD Power and Associates) goals
- Participation in hotel committees/communication meetings is mandatory
- Offering assistance with home care recommendations and prescribing the most beneficial products
- Product training with subsequent sales goals will be assigned
- Previous experience as a SpaTherapist is preferred
- Certification from an accredited school of Massage an asset
- All professional licenses are to be current
- CPR and First Aid certification required
*Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to): *
Frequent standing, bending and reaching throughout shift
Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, sitting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Applicant must hold the proper work authorization to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Dental, Vision, Medical and Supplemental Health
- Furnished, subsidized, on-site shared accommodation
- One duty meal per shift in our colleague cafeteria
- 30% discount in our Food & Beverage Outlets and 25% discount in Spa
- Subsidized colleague activities within the National Park
- 10% Retail Commission along with monthly/quarterly incentives
- Jane Iredale training (minerals makeup company) twice a year. Host demos & workshops
- Kerstin Florian training (skin care company) twice a year. Hands on and theory training
- Aveda hair training ( stylists have colour/creative styling training in Calgary)
- Onsite Gehwol (foot line) training throughout the year
- Staff parties as often as possible!
- During slower periods, function help offered with housekeeping/banquets for extra income
- Flexible hours/days off
- Ongoing skills training available, ie: cranial sacral for massage therapists
- Participation in retail/professional ordering to ensure guests are being offered everything they need
APPLY NOW: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise!*www.lakelouisejobs.com*
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Lake Louise-The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 11.May.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: CLL02610