Fairmont Staff Cafeteria Attendant (Spring/Summer 2017) in Canada
Staff Cafeteria Attendant (Spring/Summer 2017)
In the Staff Cafeteria you will experience the thrill of serving all your colleagues, from working on the lunch and dinner buffet to stocking the vending machines. In this position you will be working as a part of the team to contribute to the hotels goals.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation in the heart of Canada’s Rocky Mountains. With 764 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career.
Whether you are seeking innovative mentorship with global career opportunities or you are an outdoor adventure seekers, this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Staff Cafeteria Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Stocking supplies for the colleagues to use
- Refilling food on the buffet from the kitchen, and alto-sham food warmer
- Put away daily food orders
- Anticipate guests' needs and provides information on food and beverage selections
- Be familiar with all food and beverage items in the restaurant in order to assist guests with their selections and to promote these items
- Keep restaurant and work areas clean and in an orderly fashion
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in Health and Safety initiatives
- Complete opening and closing duties
- Clean tables and all areas of the bean
- Performs additional duties as requested
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Lifting: Continuously Up to 50lbs, boxes, new supplies, refilling the buffet
- Pushing: Up to 50lbs, tables, glass racks, and supply carts
- Pulling: Up to 50lbs, tables, glass racks, and supply carts
- Walking: Up to 8 hours/day, at various times of the shift
- Standing: Up to 8 hours/day, at various times of the shift
- Sitting: Limited sitting required, less than 1 hour/wk
- Bending: At various times of the shift
Visa Requirements:Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Banff-The Fairmont Banff Springs
Employee Status: Limited Term
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 31.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: BSH03130