Citi Executive Assistant, Madrid in Spain
Primary Location: Spain,Madrid
Job Function: Administration
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17065939
Under limited direction, provide administrative support to a team of Senior and Junior bankers within the Investment Bank Team in Madrid. Duties are complex and highly confidential in nature requiring a great use of discretion. The role will include a large amount of client interaction and liaison at CEO / Chairman level as well as regular contact and communication with high level management both within Citi and externally.
The Investment Banking Team in Madrid is a team within the Corporate and Investment Banking business.
• Screen calls/incoming mail – be an effective gatekeeper ; take messages efficiently and accurately; receive visitors
• Monitor and ensure implementation of company policy
• Compose and prepare internal/external correspondence in addition to maintaining, answering and routing correspondence not requiring manager’s attention
• Proactive maintenance of calendars and meetings
• Coordinate travel arrangements, understanding executive’s travel preferences and needs, and using initiative in managing itinerary times and costings. Prepare and process associated travel expenses
• Prepare and process invoices to suppliers
• Create and maintain correspondence and record files
• Assist and fill in for other support staff
• Input and maintain internal databases
• Assist with any other ad hoc reports and special projects as required
• Assist in organising group morale events and franchise parties
• Assist with Client events where required
• Exposure to CEO / Chairman level clients
• Opportunity to work in a complex and fast-paced banking environment
• Insight into the day to day operations within the Corporate and Investment Bank
• Opportunity to build up own network within the industrya
• Proven experience of operating all office equipment, including telephone functions, and ability to train others in use of the same
• Proven experience of operating in a similar role in a professional services environment
• Proven experience of adapting to changing circumstances, responding to varying business needs and priorities
• Demonstrable experience of working effectively in a high-pressure and challenging environment
• Three to five years’ experience at senior level within a corporate environment
• Professional secretarial qualifications required.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications, including use of Outlook as a business tool
• Strong IT skills; experience of internal Citigroup applications an advantage
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Fluency in Spanish
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multi task effectively and efficiently
• Ability to take unexpected eventualities in their stride, and to cope well under pressure
• Excellent organisational skills, with strong background in managing multiple priorities
• Superior time management: ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines, at times under pressure
• Flexibility of approach, together with a ‘can-do’ attitude, is key
• Strong interpersonal skills, to create and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Characteristics: enthusiasm, “can do” attitude, self-confidence, resilience, drive, sound judgment, adaptability, creativity, initiative, reliability, risk awareness, team playing
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.