RELX Group Finance Assistant in United Kingdom
Finance Assistant , Farmplan, Ross on Wye
Farmplan is the UK’s leading supplier of farm management software for the agricultural sector. The programs are designed to provide farmers with the right information to meet industry compliance requirements as well as providing performance management information. Our leading programs focus on financial, crop and livestock management.Farmplan also provide hardware support and IT services for rural businesses including supplying new computers, networks and dedicated IT systems support.Farmplan customers also benefit from software support provided by our knowledgeable and committed team as well as software training available throughout the UK.
We are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join our Finance and Admin Team based in Ross on Wye.The successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to pick up new tasks quickly and to be open to flexibility in their responsibilities.The Admin and Finance department report to our head office Management Accounts team base in Sutton.The department is a busy and challenging environment to work and in the candidate should have excellent technical and interpersonal skills and looking for a new challenge.
Core competencies and tasks likely to be involved are:
- General Ledger Accounting
- Review and analysis of financial information
- Preparation of management reports and accounts
- Support the budgeting and reforecasting process
- Support managers on projects within both finance and the wider business
- Support internal and external audit reviews
- The Finance Assistant role gives opportunity to gain proficiency in a number of accounting and reporting systems such as Opera, Oracle as well as developing advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- The successful candidate will ideally be AAT qualified
Reed Business Information
At Reed Business Information we provide information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI people are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, passion for our products, and collaboration, where working in an agile manner is par for the course.RBI is part of Reed Elsevier, a leading global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers.
We’re asking a lot from our successful candidate. However, the benefits will be significant, as you’d expect from a company like us. As well as having the opportunity to spend your working days with some really great people:
- we’ll pay you a competitive salary
- we’ll contribute generously to your pension and allow you to take off almost 6 weeks’ vacation each year
- If 6 weeks is too much, you can sell some of the days. If it’s not enough, you can buy some days +
The career prospects will be bright for the right person
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Customer Services - Support & Training
Organization: Reed Business Information Ltd
Title: Finance Assistant
Requisition ID: REE007R8