SoSi Biomedical Technician (OCONUS) in Iraq
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-160418-4240: Biomedical Technician (OCONUS)
Job Category Medical Professionals
Duty Location Overseas - Iraq
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 4-160418-4240
**This position is contingent upon contract award**
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Biomedical Technician . The Biomedical Technician will repair and maintain equipment to ensure it is clean, safe, and functioning properly.
• Repairs and maintains equipment to ensure it is clean, safe, and functioning properly
• Works on X-ray and ultrasound machines, respirators, and heart defibrillators, electric wheelchairs and hospital beds, and medical laboratory equipment Disinfects laboratory and healthcare equipment so it is safe and ready to use
• Documents issues, attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements
• Completion of a Biomedical Equipment Technology or Engineering training program leading to a diploma, certificate, or an Associate’s Degree (U.S. Military Biomedical Equipment Technician technical school training certification (4A2X1, 68A, or HM-8478) will also fulfill this requirement)
• At least 5 years of experience is required
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long Hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse condition