SoSi Dental Assistant in Iraq
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-160418-4244: Dental Assistant
Job Category Medical Professionals
Duty Location Overseas - Iraq
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 4-160418-4244
**This position is contingent upon contract award**
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Dental Assistant . The Dental Assistant will facilitate preparing treatment rooms for patient examinations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations
• Sterilizes and disinfects instruments and equipment
• Obtains and updates patient dental records and preparing and laying out instruments and materials required to treat each patient
• Prepares patients for treatment
• Assists the dentist in oral surgery, periodontics, endodontic and general dentistry
• Instructs patients on postoperative and general oral healthcare
• Preparing materials for impressions and restorations as prescribed by a dentist
• May remove sutures; applying topical anesthetics to gums or cavity-preventive agents to teeth
• Removing excess cement used in the filling process, and placing dental dams to isolate teeth for treatment
• Ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies
• Taking and recording vital signs; developing and exposing dental diagnostic x-rays
• Perform clerical functions related to dental activities
• Working effectively with patients; and practicing infection control procedures
• Completion of an approved Dental Assistant course in the U.S.
• High school diploma or country of origin equivalent
• Certification by the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) or equivalent
• Licensed or registered as required by State of Residence
• Current dental radiology license
• Minimum three years of experience
• All health care providers, medical and dental support staff must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least six months out of the past year.
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long Hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse condition