SoSi General Surgeon in Iraq
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-161008-4682: General Surgeon
Job Category Medical Professionals
Duty Location Overseas - Iraq
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 4-161008-4682
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a General Surgeon. The General Surgeon is responsible for providing preoperative, operative, and post-operative management of patient care.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provides preoperative, operative, and post-operative management of patient care
• Communicates issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements
• Maintains the highest regard for patient dignity and observes the precepts of the American Hospital Associations Bill of Rights for patients
• Completion of a General Surgery Residency within the U.S. or Western country equivalent
• 3 years of experience; U.S. or Canadian board certified or recently ABS qualified General Surgeon with interest, training and experience managing the full range of emergency surgical cases including vascular, neurologic, and soft-tissue, as well as the full-range of general surgical cases including abdominal and urological
• Recent completion of Tactical Combat Casualty Care or comparable advanced trauma course featuring “live tissue” or exceptional simulation training is desirable
• U.S. board certified or recently American Board of Surgery (ABS) qualified General Surgeon
• Unrestricted U.S. (State) license• Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least six months out of the past year
•Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
•Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
•Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
Disclaimer:The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.