SoSi Logistics Director in Iraq
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-160624-4451: Logistics Director
Job Category Logistics/Transportation
Duty Location Overseas - Iraq
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 4-160624-4451
**This position is contingent upon contract award**
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Logistics Director . The Logistics Director will be developing and managing all policies related to material control, movement, and management of Government and contractor acquired property.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Develops and manages all policies related to material control, movement, and management of Government and contractor acquired property
• Implements and maintains policies and procedures to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Department of State Acquisition Regulations (DOSAR)
• Responsible for oversight of the warehouse which contains medical supplies and pharmaceuticals including controlled drugs
• Captures usage data and forecasts consumption in accordance with scope of operations and projected program changes
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Five years of progressively responsible experience in operations
• Deployed experience in Iraq or Afghanistan is desirable
• Maintain current certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Must have recent experience in the position (at least 6 months out of the past year)
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long Hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse condition