SoSi Medical Laboratory Technician in Iraq
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-160418-4253: Medical Laboratory Technician
Job Category Medical Professionals
Duty Location Overseas - Iraq
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 4-160418-4253
**This position is contingent upon contract award**
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician . The Medical Laboratory Technician will facilitate performing routine tests in medical laboratory to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
• Performs routine tests in medical laboratory to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease
• Conducts quantitative and qualitative chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood, urine, and spinal fluid, under supervision of Medical Technologist
• Performs laboratory tests or other laboratory work using conventional and computerized machines and work aids
• Performs laboratory work and tests according to prescribed standards
• Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician through the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), the American Medical Technologists (AMT), and the National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCALP), or the Board of Registry of the American Association of Bio Analysts (AAB)
• Completion of a National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Technician, Medical Laboratory Technician (NAACLS)/Commission for Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAAHEP) Medical Laboratory Technician/CLT program is desirable
• Laboratory technicians certified by non-US entities and/or non-Canadian entities will be reviewed and approved on a case by case basis
• High School Diploma required. Minimum two years of experience
• Certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Must be familiar with the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) requirements for maintaining blood products for transfusion
• All health care providers and medical support staff must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least six months out of the past year
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long Hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse condition