SoSi Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner in Iraq
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-160418-4257: Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
Job Category Medical Professionals
Duty Location Overseas - Iraq
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 4-160418-4257
**This position is contingent upon contract award**
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner . The Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner will be stabilizing and preparing sick and injured personnel for transport to a higher level medical facility.
• Stabilizes and prepares sick and injured personnel for transport to a higher level medical facility
• Supports the physician in planning and implementing the medical support program (preventive and corrective)
• Documents care delivered and follows up care required
• Communicates issues, obtains approvals, resolves problems and maintains specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements
• Three to five years of experience as a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner• Mid-Level Providers will hold current national certification such as NCCPA, AANP or ANCC and unrestricted U.S. state license during the period of employment
• Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Mid-Level Providers who recently completed a Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) course or comparable advanced trauma course featuring “live tissue” or simulation training are very desirable
• All health care providers and medical support staff must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least six months out of the past year
• Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioners with emergency medicine experience are highly desirable
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long Hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse condition