SoSi Physician in Iraq
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Job Category Medical Professionals
Duty Location Overseas - Iraq
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 4-161008-4685
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking an Emergency Physician . The Emergency Medicine Provider is broad interest and experience in providing primary care across the range of office-based specialties including, but not limited to, GYN, dermatology, ENT, pulmonary, cardiovascular, ophthalmology, orthopedics, psychology and gastroenterology.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Participates with the preparation of patients for medical evacuation within and outside of Iraq
• Participates and advises on Mass Casualty Drills, assisting with the managing of day to day activities and prioritizing tasks
• Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicates issues, obtains approvals, resolves problems and maintains specific levels of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements
• Maintains board certification as a Family Medicine Specialist, Emergency Medicine specialist or Internal Medicine specialist
• A minimum of three years of experience
• Maintains a current unrestricted U.S. (State) license as a Physician
• Maintains current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Has recent completion of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) or comparable advanced trauma course featuring “live tissue” or exceptional simulation training is highly desirable
• Licenses must be in good standing, without restrictions, and maintained through the period of employment• ACLS and ATLS must be current throughout the period of employment
• All health care providers and medical support staff must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least six months out of the past year
•Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
•Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
•Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
Disclaimer:The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.