SoSi Public Health Director in Iraq
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-161008-4683: Public Health Director
Job Category Medical Professionals
Duty Location Overseas - Iraq
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 4-161008-4683
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Public Health Director . The Public Health Director is responsible for supervising other public health professionals, technicians, and public health representatives to ensure establishments under the jurisdiction comply with sanitation standards and properly implement systems that control hazards from entering the food and water supply.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Supervises other public health professionals, technicians, and public health representatives to ensure establishments under the jurisdiction comply with sanitation standards and properly implement systems that control hazards from entering the food and water supply
• Prepares and implements disaster response programs
• Initiates, directs, and conducts preventive medicine and communicable disease control programs, food and water safety and sanitation
• Directs and conducts epidemiological investigations of communicable diseases and food and water borne disease outbreaks, and making recommendations
• Applies epidemiological and statistical methods to identify and evaluate factors increasing disease morbidity and mortality
• Manages administrative aspects of communicable disease including disease detection and management control programs and developing disease vector surveillance programs
• Master’s degree in Public Health with food and water safety experience
• Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine is desirable
• Three to five years of progressively responsible experience working in Public Health required, with demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Deployed experience in Iraq or Afghanistan is desirable
• All health care providers and medical support staff must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least six months out of the past year
•Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
•Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
•Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
Disclaimer:The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.